CZ 52 tok jam, (live round)

PDA

klover
August 26, 2007, 10:56 AM
The picture shows how far I've managed to disassemble the barrel from the slide. It seems that the live round is keeping the barrel from tilting out. The barrel is perhaps 1/2 inches forward, and the rollers are loose. It moves with only spring resistance the 1/2 distance forward and back.
What would an experienced person do?

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 52 tok jam, (live round)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Novus Collectus
August 26, 2007, 11:55 AM
Well the very first thing I would do is remove the firing pin before doing anything at all.
I am no gunsmith, but maybe if you remove the extractor you might be able to remove the barrell with the round still in it.

1911Tuner
August 26, 2007, 12:39 PM
First...Are you sure it's a live round? Slip a rod into the muzzle to see if it goes in as far as it should. If it doesn't, you've probably had a squib that stuck a bullet partway through the bore, and fired another live round behind it...bulging the barrel. Yes. A squib will cycle the slide and feed another round.

PotatoJudge
August 26, 2007, 12:51 PM
What ammo are you using? I can jam my CZ like that if I don't set my resizing die all the way down. I'm not really experienced, but I'd remove the firing pin, put the slide back on the frame, put on a pair of leather gloves, and try to work the slide until the round ejects.

kir_kenix
August 26, 2007, 01:01 PM
did you fire one last round and have the gun sieze up on you? if you did fire, and the slide never returned to the rear, i would say that tuner has it picked right.
Yes. A squib will cycle the slide and feed another round.

klover
August 26, 2007, 01:34 PM
I might have heard the second squib on me in my entire life. You can see the setup for length in the pic. The ejector is partially out, and there seems to be only the one slug in the barrel.

It may be the round in there is the squib.

By the way, how do I remove the firing pin with things the way they are? I've had the gun only a short while, and never yet stripped it.

Thanks for your replies, and especially to Turner. Turner, you have benefited THR tremendously with your writings. In fact, you opened my world to the wonders of auto loading pistols. I did become a Sigophile with your help. My hat is off to you even if you do like 1911's.

After this, long live Sigs!

1911Tuner
August 26, 2007, 04:14 PM
I did become a Sigophile with your help. My hat is off to you even if you do like 1911's.

Hate to bust yer bubble...but your Sig basically IS a 1911. :D

(And I don't mean the GSR.)

klover
August 26, 2007, 04:35 PM
it's just the DA first pull that I like so much. Just the same required of my revolvers, and those will always be a part of my collection.

Can someone guide me on this jam so it doesn't go boom in case the round is live and not a squib?

Thanks again for all the replies.

Novus Collectus
August 26, 2007, 04:37 PM
By the way, how do I remove the firing pin with things the way they are? I've had the gun only a short while, and never yet stripped it.
With the slide off and bottom side up, depress the little silver button (firing pin plunger) and while doing so hold up the slide so the firing pin falls out by gravity.
Be careful you do not twist the position of the plunger because once that sucker is free it loves to shoot out to be lost forever.

Better instructions here http://www.makarov.com/cz52/

klover
August 26, 2007, 04:53 PM
The round had no pin strike showing in it, so it must be weird sized. I depressed the rear of the ejector, and pushed forward on the case rim from within the slide. It was a push, but it came apart! The barrel is round and the same on the O.D. from one end to the other within .ooo5 inches.

Thanks again!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 52 tok jam, (live round)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!