Crimson trace grips, your experiences?

PDA

Glock22
August 26, 2007, 12:05 PM
I have been thinking about buying Crimson trace grips for my Glock 22.

What are your experiences and impressions on the Crimson trace grips on your Glock or other handguns?

Are they worth it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Crimson trace grips, your experiences?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armoredman
August 26, 2007, 12:23 PM
Excellent item, works great, very easy to use, unlike every other laser out there. Well worth the money.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CT4.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CT6.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/spltthenight2smaller.jpg

glockman19
August 26, 2007, 02:18 PM
Excellent item, works great, very easy to use, unlike every other laser out there. Well worth the money.

+1 He's said it all.

Lonestar49
August 26, 2007, 02:26 PM

And, you have the ability to light somone up, at will, and turn it off, just as quick, as not to leave a trail of light back to you..

Just a tad of finger pressure, hold it, it stays on.. Let off the finger pressure, it's off.. just that quick.

That's why my Sig P229 CT 9mm is my nightstand gun..

LS

Cannonball888
August 26, 2007, 02:33 PM
+3

I shot 1.5" groups at 25 yards with CTC grips on my 1911 from a sandbag rest.

highrider
August 26, 2007, 02:43 PM
I agree with all the above comments. A terrific product with excellent customer service.

The Annoyed Man
August 26, 2007, 02:49 PM
Do they make a left handed model to fit left handed shooters?

schmeky
August 26, 2007, 03:10 PM
Just installed a pair on my Colt in .38 Super. I recommend them. Bought mine off Ebay for about $225.00 including the shipping. I don't think Ebay sells guns items any longer.

You won't regret getting them.

jaydubya
August 26, 2007, 03:25 PM
I have them on my 9 mm Browning Hi Power, as well as on my 637 snubby and my 686+. I would not buy another handgun that Crimson Trace did not have a grip for -- that is how much I like them. As someone above said, excellent customer support.
Cordially, Jack

mavracer
August 26, 2007, 05:51 PM
+100 great product makes a snub scary accurate 3" at 25 yards easy.on my revolvers they work fine lefty.

Rembrandt
August 26, 2007, 08:24 PM
My son used them in Afghanistan on his Beretta, bad guys were terrified when "painted" with the light. Downside was smoke and hazy/foggy weather would trace the light back to it's origin.

armoredman
August 26, 2007, 09:25 PM
The Annoyed Man, unless you shoot with a high thumb, they should work OK, as the laser activator is a button at the front of the grip.

quickcanary
August 29, 2007, 05:39 PM
The Annoyed Man, unless you shoot with a high thumb, they should work OK, as the laser activator is a button at the front of the grip.

Apparently all CT grips aren't created equally. The ones on my G19 are activated via a pressure point on the backstrap, under the slide. The laser is activated by the webbing between your thumb & index finger. Not sure about the grips for the G22, but I'd assume they are made the same way.

CPshooter
August 30, 2007, 12:23 AM
Apparently all CT grips aren't created equally. The ones on my G19 are activated via a pressure point on the backstrap, under the slide. The laser is activated by the webbing between your thumb & index finger. Not sure about the grips for the G22, but I'd assume they are made the same way.

That's correct. 1911, CZ, Sig P239 are activated via front pressure pad. Sig P228/P229/P226 are all two-sided activation, meaning there are two pressure pads, one on each side towards the front of the grip. These are the easiest to manipulate (ie turn on and off) while handling the gun. The Glock's is a bit different as already mentioned, and the new M&P ones should be out any time now from what I saw in a magazine.

The M&P grips look VERY good.. If I remember correctly, they are actually a replacement backstrap with a built-in laser. Looks VERY nice and clean. I think the pressure pad was right towards the top of the backstrap...

CT Lasergrips are awesome. Definitely a good call for any snubby or any gun for that matter.

klover
August 30, 2007, 12:32 AM
is my choice over any laser, but that's just me:uhoh:

IMTHDUKE
August 30, 2007, 12:37 AM
Have them on a Colt Defender, Kimber Tactical Ultra. Have Laser Max in a Sig P239 SAS only because I did not want to change out the wood grips. I perfer the CT to the Laser Max.

If you enjoyed reading about "Crimson trace grips, your experiences?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!