Anyone own a Kahr PM40 That works?

PDA

comeandtakeit
August 26, 2007, 05:42 PM
It seems these guns have lots of problems. I had one for a day. I got so pissed that it would not feed reliably I got rid of it ASAP. I was wondering if anyone has gotten one of these that worked right out of the box?

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone own a Kahr PM40 That works?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ford
August 26, 2007, 06:45 PM
dont have a .40 but have 2 PM9's that work like a charm.

Goodshot
August 26, 2007, 07:04 PM
I got mine and had to replace the mag release after shooting it the first time. No problem. I called Kahr and they sent me a new release and it has been very reliable ever since. 3 years and 1200 round later- still no hiccups. :)

wally
August 26, 2007, 07:21 PM
CW9, PM40, & P40. Had to send the CW9 back to Kahr, but its been fine since. PM40 had a defective mag catch, Kahr sent me a replacement after an Email, no problems since, P40 was 100% from the get-go.

I'ver run enough rounds thru the CW9 that its paid for itself via the cost difference between 9mm and .40S&W practice ammo.

--wally.

DAdams
August 27, 2007, 04:33 PM
My PM 9 had issues during break in :banghead:and had to go back. Since half of it was replaced it seems to be fine now. I like the format. I think .40 in this package might be pushing the envelope. But, what do I know. ;)

ulflyer
August 27, 2007, 05:49 PM
My P45 functioned as it should right out of the box and has become my CCW. However, from all the negative reports one reads on the gun forums Kahr certainly needs to get its act togather or they won't be in business long. Bet its a bitch trying to sell one! :uhoh:

bannockburn
August 28, 2007, 09:58 PM
My CW40 did not function right out of the box; I had great difficulty just racking the slide and getting it to go completely into battery. Took it apart and was troubled by the unfinished appearance of the barrel; as though it had just come from the CNC machine that made it. After considerable effort with Swiss files, sandpaper, and steel wool, I was able to finish the barrel enough that the slide would function properly. Something like the second or third time out at the range with it, having run enough ammo through it to break it in, the gun started to lock back after every shot. After disassembly, I found a sizeable piece of the polymer frame had wedged itself into the area where the slide stop fits into the frame. At this point, nothing about the gun's performance had done anything to inspire any confidence in me that this gun was built to last. While I gave the CW40 high marks for size, ergonomics, and stopping power, I was very disappointed in the quality of the materials used and the manner in which they were applied.

jayp
August 30, 2007, 04:47 AM
My PM 40 does not work most of the time.
Failures to feed (went back to Kahr once, most recently they sent a new recoil spring and guide rod to hopefully fix this.)
Broken mag followers (Kahr send me more of these).

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone own a Kahr PM40 That works?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!