Wal-Mart has cases of ammo!

PDA

MPanova
August 27, 2007, 04:18 AM
Im not sure if anyone has posted anything about this but here goes.. I have read a lot of threads lately about ammo prices and avalability. I have seen people post about Wal-Mart having great prices, myself included. I see a lot of people reply to that with "my Wal-Mart is always out" or " there is only a few boxes on the shelf" I have been buying CCI Blazer Brass in 9mm and 45 from Wal-Mart for the last year or so because of the price and how great it shoots. Well just to let people know, Wal-Mart has cases of ammo in the back room. If you ask them to go look in there "gun room" or "ammo room" in the back to see if there is more of the ammo you are looking for. Tonight I picked up 2 cases of Blazer Brass 45acp (2000 rounds) for $9.47 per box of 50 (40 boxes total) I also picked up a case of 40 S&W for $7.47 per 50

The Wal-Marts around me have had the same prices for the last year on Blazer Brass ammo even with WWB and Rem. increasing there prices 2 or 3 times. Just this last week they finally went up a buck on the 9mm 50 round box so its a few cents more now then the .40 S&W. Price in my area (South Houston/ Sugar Land) has been 9mm=$6.76 per 50 .40=$7.47 per 50 .45=$9.47 per 50, like I said all the Blazer has stayed the same price except the 9mm which is now $7.76 per 50. If you call them they should be able to scan one of the boxes and tell you how many they have in house not just sitting on the shelf.

I hope this helps someone else get some good ammo for a good price.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wal-Mart has cases of ammo!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rxraptor02
August 27, 2007, 09:47 AM
I was talking to a sportgood's guy about cases and he told me that they could order what ever I wanted.

9.47 for a box of 50 is a good deal. I am paying 11.97 for 50 of the BB 45acp

Gunbabe
August 27, 2007, 09:50 AM
Our local Wal-Marts in Ohio are packed with ammo and the prices are usually better than then local Gander Mountain but not always. I don't see them running out anytime soon (unless my husband and I buy them out of ammo...haha).

Im283
August 27, 2007, 10:06 AM
prices are usually better than then local Gander Mountain but not always

Gander Mtn price matches within fifty miles of their store here. I keep track of WalMarts price and if I need ammo and Walmart is not handy and Gander is I ask them to match it, and they do.

Gunbabe
August 27, 2007, 10:37 AM
Wow I didn't realize that. I will have to keep it in mind.

nalioth
August 27, 2007, 10:48 AM
Price in my area (South Houston/ Sugar Land) Sugar Land (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Sugar+land,+Texas&ie=UTF8&ll=29.657626,-95.599594&spn=0.268512,0.922852&z=11&iwloc=addr&om=1) and South Houston (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=South+Houston,+Texas&ie=UTF8&ll=29.665532,-95.239277&spn=0.067123,0.230713&z=13&iwloc=addr&om=1) are at least 25 miles from each other (http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=South+Houston,+TX&geocode=&dirflg=&saddr=Sugar+Land,+TX&f=d&hl=en&sll=29.671051,-95.239277&sspn=0.067119,0.230713&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1).

TehK1w1
August 27, 2007, 11:14 AM
Eh, south of I10, it's all the same :p

*Dons asbestos suit*

MPanova
August 27, 2007, 09:38 PM
nalioth ... I seem to have missed your point?

I live in Rosenberg and work in Stafford and most of my family lives in Alief and I do a lot of my side business all over the South part of town from Katy to Sharpstown to Copperfield to Pearland even out in Missouri city and everywhere in between. So while Iím out driving around I stop in a Wal-Mart or 2 or 10 along the way.

Spreadfire Arms
August 27, 2007, 10:12 PM
the price varies from WalMart to WalMart, at least in Central Texas. when you can find it in the Austin city limts, it is generally $7.57 for a box of .40 CCI Blazer Brass and $9.47 for a box of .45 CCI Blazer Brass.

outside of the city limits i have visited two WalMart stores (Hutto and Bastrop) and found the prices to be about $1.50 higher per box, of either .40 or .45. and they usually only have 8 boxes of each.

today i got 43 boxes of .40 ammo in Austin, just happened to be lucky! in the past week or two i have purchased about 5000 rounds of .40 and about 1500 rounds of .45. seems the .45 is harder to find.

MPanova
August 27, 2007, 10:44 PM
Was it what they had out on the shelf or did you ask them to go check in the back?

I was explaining this same thing to my buddy this morning and he said the Wal-Mart by him did not have any .45. I called this evening and they said there was nothing on the shelf for .45acp just like he said. I asked them to scan the tag to see how many it said they had in stock and the guy said "well Ill be the computer says we have 37 boxes" he told me to hang on and a few minutes later he came back and told me he found 33 of the 37 the computer showed in the back room ;)

Its all gone now since I told my friend about it :p

MCgunner
August 27, 2007, 10:48 PM
Well, I don't buy pistol ammo too often, rather roll my own. But, I have noticed that 3" 12 gauge steel #3 Winchester Hi Velocity 1550 fps loads are 5 bucks cheaper than Academy wants for the same load. Screw Academy, LOL. I've been stocking up for the coming duck season. I might check out the price on a box of .380. I hardly ever set up to load .380, hardly ever shoot the thing. I like to buy a box now and then if only to get the brass. I don't have a lot of .380 brass.

Rokman
August 28, 2007, 06:22 PM
The secret is out. I bought a ton of Blazer brass at Wal Mart after the price Winchester white box got jacked up there. It's funny how Wal Marts in close proximity will have a difference of 2 dollars or so for the same stuff.

RancidSumo
August 28, 2007, 08:13 PM
Are those prices only for when buying a case? Here in Wyoming at Walmart, Blaser Brass is $9.95 for 50 rounds of .40. If I could get it for $7.47 like you, I would buy a case right now.

MPanova
August 28, 2007, 08:48 PM
Nope. Thats the price per box, if ya get one or 50 its still $7.47 each

Guncrazy45
August 28, 2007, 08:58 PM
Where are your Wal-Marts with the Blazer Brass? I live in Chattanooga, and have been to three Wal-Marts in the area, and all they've got is WWB for, I think, $24.00/100.

The Lone Haranguer
August 28, 2007, 10:23 PM
It won't help you much, unfortunately, but the Wal-Marts I frequent in Phoenix metro all have Blazer Brass, for about 20% less than "white box." So it is at least out there.

August 28, 2007, 10:31 PM
Is "Blazer Brass" the throw away stuff?

The Lone Haranguer
August 28, 2007, 10:45 PM
No, the aluminum is. The brass is, well, brass, conventionally primed and should be as reloadable as any other brass. The aluminum (identified by being called just plain Blazer - as opposed the brass which specifies that it is brass - in a black box with red or silver lettering, I don't recall which) is indeed nonreloadable.

MPanova
August 28, 2007, 10:52 PM
Blazer Brass is in the Black and Gold box with Black and Gold lettering ;)

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/images/blazer_brass.jpg

jefnvk
August 28, 2007, 11:02 PM
Use the case trick on shotgun shells all the time, much easier to carry one big box than ten little ones. Just ask them to go check in teh back.

offthepaper
August 28, 2007, 11:07 PM
Just got back from Wmart. had to call 3 stores to find the Blaser Brass. But at $7.67 a box, it seemed cheap enough. I bought the last 7 boxes they had.

jeepmor
August 29, 2007, 01:10 AM
That's some good prices there. I might have to hit Wally World this weekend so I can get some brass and enjoy using it before I start working on it in the reloading cycle. I do need more 40. Thanks for the tip, but holiday weekends being what they are, and Wal Mart what it is, I'm not sure I can handle that many wifebeater t-shirts all at once.:neener:

BlisteringSilence
August 29, 2007, 05:00 AM
Man, I don't like you guys right now. Went to wally world, found the CCI brass, but they hit me up for 9.79 / 50. I'd love to only pay 7.67.

outerlimit
August 29, 2007, 05:26 AM
They always have some on the shelf here, I don't see any point to buying a case when there is no discount and it's just ammo I use for plinking anyways. Usually before I go to the range I'll pick up a couple 100rd value packs of 9mm.

I did notice the 100rd value packs of .45acp being quite expensive now. :what: I'm sure that will change though, as soon as they see no one buying it at that price.

The 9mm price is about the same as always, maybe a dollar more than the last time I bought some. I think I bought some for around $10 something a year ago and I think I saw the price at $11.88 this time. It was not too long ago the 9mm value packs were closer to $9 apiece.

MPanova
August 29, 2007, 06:15 AM
So the 9mm value packs are 11.88 still? where are you at?

WeedWhacker
September 1, 2007, 04:08 AM
Last week, the price of a 100-count 9mm WWB pack was a little bit under $16 at Wal-Marts in Las Vegas.

Wish it was $12, realize it's probably only going to go up from here.

Bo
September 1, 2007, 09:30 AM
Went to Wally-World 8-30-07. Nothing on sale, just regular prices. WWB 45 ACP FMJ $28.+ per 100. After surfing all over the net I went back to Wally-World and paid the $28.+ per box.

Gator
September 1, 2007, 01:24 PM
Unfortunately all Wal-Marts are different, each store decides what goes on sale. The one nearest me has a policy of never discounting ammo. :mad:

W.E.G.
September 3, 2007, 03:07 PM
See http://www.geocities.com/rkba2da/vcdl20070903.pdf

3. New firearms policy at Wal-Mart lets district managers decide
Member A.L. Soots relays his experience at the Fairlawn Wal-Mart:
Mr. Van Cleave,
About a month ago, a relative of mine was in the Wal-Mart in
Fairlawn. He was doing some shopping while open carrying his weapon.
After being in the store for a little while, he was confronted by the
assistant store manager, Jim Hancock, who told him that he was
breaking the law by carrying his firearm, and asked him to remove it
in the store and let him take it. When my relative said no, the
manager told him that he could either go with him to the office and
"straighten this out" or be prosecuted.
He said, "OK," not knowing what he was going to be prosecuted for.
When they got to the back of the store, the assistant manager then
called the Pulaski Sheriff's Department and put the deputy on speaker
phone and asked what my relative could be charged with. When the
deputy told him that there was no law being broken, he then hung up
and started telling my relative that "things were going to change
when the next president was elected...and people like my relative
were going to lose their rights to carry weapons."
When my relative wanted to leave, he was told that he had to write a
report. After the report was written and signed, he then told him to
leave the property. There were witnesses to this. After I talked with
Dave Knight about this, he called and talked with the store manager
who told him that her store employees would "be educated" and that
they weren't to bother anyone carrying a weapon in the store.
Well, last night (August 28, 2007) I was in the same store to
purchase some ammo for a CCW class that I was teaching. I was in the
store with a friend of mine. We walked straight from the front door
to the sporting goods department (open carrying). After standing at
the counter with no help for a few minutes we were confronted by the
SAME assistant manager and another employee.
Mr. Hancock told us that we were not welcome in the store while
carrying a weapon and he wanted us OFF THE PROPERTY NOW. I asked him
if this was store policy or his policy. He said it didn't matter, and
that if we did not leave, we would be charged with trespassing.
We turned to walk out of the store and Mr. Hancock followed us on our
heels all the way out. I stopped at one point to ask him why he was
following us. After we left I made a call to the district supervisor,
Terry Sartain, and left a message at his office because it was after
hours. I spoke with Mr. Sartain this morning and he told me that the
local managers and he were working on a new firearms policy.
He said that they had cleared it with the home office and the legal
department and that they were OK to change the policy in his store to
NO FIREARMS...NO CONCEALED OR OPEN CARRY!! He said that the signs
were being printed and would be posted in a couple of days.
The stores affected by this change are Fairlawn, Christiansburg, and
Salem, with Roanoke stores to follow. So, it looks like Wal-Mart is
falling. What do we do about this, or is there anything that we can
do?
(Update: I just spoke with someone at corporate and was told by them
that the new Wal-Mart corporate policy on firearms is to let district
managers decide on the firearms policy for their stores. It is in
their hands and out of corporate.)
--
I will let everyone know when the signs get posted (if they get
posted). There are many different ways we may choose to respond, I
will let you know what we suggest in a future update.

Titan6
September 3, 2007, 09:05 PM
^^^
Shame. Walmart always did have good prices on ammo. Not really worth saving $20 a month though.

ihopewewin
September 3, 2007, 09:40 PM
"things were going to change
when the next president was elected...and people like my relative
were going to lose their rights to carry weapons."

Wow just wow. :what:

BlisteringSilence
September 3, 2007, 09:44 PM
Now, to be fair, I don't anticipate that happening here in the belly of the beast anytime soon. This place is so pro-ccw that even Target had to rescind their anti-ccw stance due to the dropoff in sales.

I don't know how long it's been since I've seen a sign for no ccw on premises. Other than the post office, that is.

Ala Dan
September 4, 2007, 02:53 AM
Just for my own personal satisfaction, Wally World can keep their case (lots)
of ammo~! I don't frequent their business locally, because of their very own
"NO FIREARMS POLICY"~!:eek:;):D

outerlimit
September 4, 2007, 12:04 PM
Sounds like you guys are getting raped. $28 + tax for a 100rd value pack of 9mm? I never heard of such a thing.

If it was anymore than $11.88 a value pack I would not even bother with driving to SprogMart and the hassle involved, I'd just order some decent practice ammo online.

If you think about the price involved that's over $65 for 5 value packs + about $5 gas driving there and back not to mention the other hassles of the SuperChinaMart. Anybody who has trouble finding 500rd cases of decent 9mm practice ammo online for a decent price is not looking very hard!

Consumer lazyness is probably driving the price up as much as other factors.

BlisteringSilence
September 4, 2007, 12:55 PM
Sounds like you guys are getting raped. $28 + tax for a 100rd value pack of 9mm? I never heard of such a thing.

If it was anymore than $11.88 a value pack I would not even bother with driving to SprogMart and the hassle involved, I'd just order some decent practice ammo online.

If you think about the price involved that's over $65 for 5 value packs + about $5 gas driving there and back not to mention the other hassles of the SuperChinaMart. Anybody who has trouble finding 500rd cases of decent 9mm practice ammo online for a decent price is not looking very hard!

Consumer lazyness is probably driving the price up as much as other factors.

I paid $9.79 plus tax (7%) for 50 rounds of blazer brass in .40S&W. A total of $10.47, or 20.9 cents a round. If you can find me a deal online cheaper than that, AFTER SHIPPING, I'm all ears. Mind you, this is NEW ammo, not reloads. 180 grain FMJ.

LiquidTension
September 4, 2007, 06:35 PM
Last I checked BB .40 was 9.27 and 45 was 12.97 at all the Walmarts in town.

panther22
September 4, 2007, 07:03 PM
I bought some Blazer Brass .40S&W today at walmart. I was in 2 different stores actually. It was $9.97 at both stores. One only had one box left on the shelf. The other had more, but no cases.
The cheapest I found at any gun store was $15., so the Blazer was a pretty good deal.

MPanova
September 4, 2007, 09:14 PM
Did you ask someone to look in the back or ring one up and check how many they had in inventory or did you just go off what they had on the shelf?

Jeff F
September 4, 2007, 10:18 PM
I've been in good with the sporting goods manager at a couple of the Wal Marts out my way. They get me just about any thing I want ammo wise, even got me some .303 ammo that they don't normally stock. When I took the grand kid to get his first 870 they pulled all the expresses they had, nine if I remember right and we were there with all of them on the counter for an hour picking out the best of the bunch.

panther22
September 5, 2007, 07:08 AM
The store that only had one box is selling out it's ammo and not replacing it. They dropped gun sales about 6 months ago. Now they seem to be dropping handgun ammo too. They still have shotgun shells and some black powder stuff, but not much more.

hotpig
September 5, 2007, 10:13 AM
We will all be much safer when only the criminals and Government have guns.;)

BlisteringSilence
September 5, 2007, 01:57 PM
The store that only had one box is selling out it's ammo and not replacing it. They dropped gun sales about 6 months ago. Now they seem to be dropping handgun ammo too. They still have shotgun shells and some black powder stuff, but not much more.

Where in Missouri is this walmart of which you speak?

cbsbyte
September 5, 2007, 02:21 PM
Wal-Mart in this area of Massachusetts don't have much in selection of ammo. During hunting season they usually will have in stock 12 or 20 GA shotgun shells and 30-30 ammo but they don't carry much beyond hunting ammo. Even Dicks Sporting goods stores do not have much of an ammo selection. I guess there is not much demand for ammo in this area. Local stores are just too expensive. Plus I dislike the anti worker, and American policies of most box stores. 99% of what Wal mart sells is Chinese crap. Thats why I reload.

outerlimit
September 6, 2007, 02:28 AM
I was at Walmart this morning and the Winchester 9mm value pack was now marked at $15.75!! :banghead::fire::mad::mad::mad: Remington UMC 100rd value pack was even worse, almost $20.

I guess I won't be buying anymore ammo there!! :cuss:

If they can't legislate guns away, they'll just price shooting into the stratosphere.

davinci
September 6, 2007, 08:59 AM
you can cut the cost of ammo even more by SELLING your ONCE-FIRED BRASS.

PM me with any 9mm or 45acp pistol brass and I'll make you an offer.

Euclidean
September 6, 2007, 08:42 PM
Sugar Land and South Houston are at least 25 miles from each other.

Sounds like something somebody from one of those miniature northeastern seaboard states would say. :D

Seriously man, how long have you lived in Texas? Around here people drive 50-100 miles just to go out to supper.:D

25 Miles is jack squat in any state west of the Mississippi.

JREwing
September 8, 2007, 04:30 PM
I used to buy all my ammo at Wal-Mart. I won't buy there anymore. I got tired of never finding anyone at the counter to wait on me. One day I waited 20 minutes, and that was after they paged someone. They could care less what I bought or didn't buy. I know several people around here who quit buying their ammo there.
I just get mine from Natchezz now. I buy about $250 at a time and get low shipping rates. My time is worth something

BlindJustice
September 9, 2007, 02:00 AM
'

Screw Wal-mart and cheap ammo

I buy brass USA and quality bullets made in USA
and I have them loaded to my spec right here in USA

Buy more clothes from Wal-Mart made in China like many other
products - wear once dry once and donate to kids or sniff the
lead paint yeah support CHina our enemy in the global market ...

sorry wrong forum - and the very wrong place to buy ammo to stake
your life on....

BlisteringSilence
September 9, 2007, 05:19 AM
Screw Wal-mart and cheap ammo

I buy brass USA and quality bullets made in USA
and I have them loaded to my spec right here in USA

I could be wrong, but most, if not all, of the ammo walmart sells is manufactured here in the US. CCI/Blazer is in the states, as is winchester (alton and olin, il), federal (anoka, mn), and remington (loanoke, ar).

And we don't buy a whole lot of clothes from China.... other things yes, but clothes from from southeast asia, taiwan, etc.

I don't get the ammo to stake your life on comment.... it's the same ammo you're going to get at any other store. Hell, you can probably find the same lot numbers in your local gun shop and walmart.

Unless it's wolf or aguiila (both of which are very popular among shooters here), you're kind of hard pressed to find ammo made outside the US here in our shops. And my walmart doesn't carry either of those brands.

outerlimit
September 9, 2007, 11:49 AM
I believe that Winchester ammo has a facility in Czech Republic that manufactures some of their ammo including some of the white box 9X19 & their 7.62X25mm. Don't take my word for it though, it's just something I heard.

hotpig
September 9, 2007, 12:26 PM
WWB is made here in the East Alton, IL plant. I think the ammo is one of the few things that Wang Mart has that is made in the West.

thedave1164
September 11, 2007, 11:36 AM
Wal Mart's here are no longer carrying the Blazer Brass, I bought the last of their 9mm BB for $2.50 a box. Yes you read that correctly, it was on clearance last year.....

If you enjoyed reading about "Wal-Mart has cases of ammo!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!