Seecamp 32

PDA

Noxx
August 27, 2007, 08:28 AM
This little pocket gun is pretty high on my "next" list. I've read many favorable reviews around the web, I'm wondering if we have some owners here at THR who could provide a little feedback?

If you enjoyed reading about "Seecamp 32" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Iggy
August 27, 2007, 08:33 AM
Seecamp forum

http://www.seecamp.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

There is one always in my pocket.

mjrodney
August 27, 2007, 10:33 AM
A range rat I know owns one, and other than a bad mag release that had to be looked at, he remains content with it.

SX1guy
August 27, 2007, 11:15 AM
The 380 is the more desirable Seacamp but both are nice guns...

ReadyFreddy23
August 27, 2007, 12:05 PM
I bought a used Seecamp .32 and love it. It slides into my front right pocket (in a pocket holster) and disappears. Nobody and I mean nobody can tell that I'm carrying.

I don't feel as self conscious with the Seecamp as I do carrying my HK USP compact or 1911. When I'm carrying either of the larger handguns (IWB), I feel like I might be printing. Or I feel like I'm keeping my right arm hanging down unnaturally.

The Seecamp is an American work of art. It's all steel. It's dependable. Larry Seecamp provides great customer service. Yes, it costs more than a Kel-Tec but to me it's well worth it. Also, I believe they hold their values better for potential re-sale.

mavracer
August 27, 2007, 12:09 PM
mine's perfect 10+ years no malfunctions.love it

loadedround
August 27, 2007, 01:19 PM
My Seecamp SWC-32 is like my American Express card...I never leave home without it! as the others do, mine rides in my side pocket in a pistol wallet. No one ever know it's there, even with shorts on. I fire a box ayear of ammo and it has never "burped" once.

Walkalong
August 27, 2007, 02:05 PM
Mine has run fine with a variety of factory HP's and my handloaded 71 Gr. FMJ's. Very easy to conceal. Comfortable to shoot.

1 old 0311
August 27, 2007, 03:21 PM
Doesn't the Seecamp only have a one year warranty? Kel-Tec, and N.A.A. have lifetime. Got to be a reason.

STAGE 2
August 27, 2007, 03:57 PM
From Larry Seecamp himself...

"Up to this stage in company history, the warranty cards have meant nothing in the way of warranty work.

We've still never charged anyone for parts or labor on warranty work ~ even though the official warranty is one year. We did, however, very recently start to charge a flat minimal $50.00 fee for shipping and handling on work not related to product related problems ~ work such as pistol refinishing, trigger pull work or work related to operator created problems. This minimal fee doesn't begin to cover our costs of doing the work. Walk in customers still have been getting these services for free.

The warranty cards have been there mostly to give us a record of customers to notify in the event we offer new products."

Show me another company who you can talk to the owner (who is an actualy firearms guru rather than just a ceo) on a daily basis.

I absolutely love my seecamp 32. Its one of the few firearms I own that under no circumstances that I will ever part with. I have shot both the 32 and the 380 and much prefer the 32. If you want to shoot a 380 then get a larger pistol. The seecamp is designed to be forgotten in a pocket.

You will simply not find a better made .32 pocket pistol. It is truly craftsmanship.

usp9
August 27, 2007, 07:06 PM
What STAGE 2 said. My Seecamp is a jewel. Works every time. Every collection should have one. I carry mine in my front pocket. I wonder why 1 old 0311 repeatedly posts this one year warranty crap? Do you own a Seecamp? Personally, I've been offer several free services by the Seecamp Co. It is a A++ business to deal with.

1 old 0311
August 28, 2007, 08:14 AM
Hi USP,

Read the Seecamp site. THEIR WARRANTY IS ONE YEAR. THAT is legal, a promise ISN'T.

Ala Dan
August 28, 2007, 10:03 AM
Don't worry about the warranty, as chances are really good that you will
never need it~! I own a Seecamp LWS-32 myself, and I'm here too tell
you its one fine firearm. Bought it NIB a couple or three years ago, and
glad I did; as we have not been able to obtain any more of 'em~! ;):D

ReadyFreddy23
August 28, 2007, 10:18 AM
1 old 0311,

I hope I don't offend anyone with this analogy.

Honda and Toyota are known for producing reliable cars. Because they are so reliable, they have the shortest warranty in the mass produced auto industry (3yrs/36,000 miles). Hyundai/Kia offers (10yr/100,000 miles). Honda and Toyota have the best resale values.

If money were no object and you only had the choice to buy Honda, Toyota, or Hyundai/Kia, would you buy the Hyundai/Kia because it has a longer warranty. Probably not. I know I didn't.

People have to offer longer warranties with inferior products to persuade people to buy their products.

DAdams
August 28, 2007, 10:55 AM
S&W's stated warranty is one year. I think it is safe to say that when it comes to defects in workmanship and materials they will cover the purchase long after the warranty has "legally" expired.

Seecamp is a small company that puts out a few hundred pistols per year. Their life blood is a niche product (finest 32 and 380 out there) hand built to excruciating standards.
If there is a problem they will take care of it. Legally, they don't have to if they absolutely don't want to. A warranty is part of a Corporate shield.

I have recently spent about 5 hours researching the Seecamp and Rohrbaugh product lines and lurking or participating in their forums. Go check it out, read the threads, observe the corporate culture. Par Excellence.

You don't have to have the finest product on the planet to fully stand behind it. Look at KelTec. Inexpensive, high volume and high return rate. They stand behind their product as-well. Different operating philosophy same results. Good customer service and stand behind the product beyond the warranty.

1 old 0311
August 28, 2007, 12:46 PM
Maybe as one becomes a little older, and wiser, they realize that a WRITTEN WARRANTY is a binding contract. Doesn't matter if it is TV, toaster, DVD player, or firearm. Your purchase is LEGALLY WARRANTEED for the WRITTEN time frame. What the guy in the appliance store, or gun shop says, or what one reads on a web site, is worth a 'bit less.'
If you don't let stupidity, or naivety, determine where you spend your money. Your life will go a lot smoother. :)

alamo
August 28, 2007, 01:52 PM
Maybe you're not old enough yet to know that a warranty is only as good as the company and people standing behind it :)

Larry Seecamp is the L.W. Seecamp company. There is no company without him. He has demonstrated for many, many years that he stands behind his pistols. When you're dealing with a very small company like Seecamp, that is more important than a warranty.

ReadyFreddy23
August 28, 2007, 05:27 PM
1 old 0311,

Since you didn't specifically respond to my analogy, I'll ask you again. If you could only choose between Honda, Toyota, Hyundai/Kia would you buy Hyundai/Kia because they have a longer warranty?

PX15
August 28, 2007, 05:46 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Laserlips/100_6909.jpg

I am a recent addition to the extended www.seecamp.com forum family. I bought a new LWS32 several months ago, and it is without a doubt the finest pistol I've ever owned, period.

I've owned a Tomcat in the past (pos),I still own a P32 and NAA Guardian.. The KT and NAA are in fact very good pistols. IMO they are not in the same league with the Seecamp pistol. I have never found a more concealable cc pistol than my LWS32. Immediately after I got my LWS32 my wife threatened to "confiscate" it for her own use.. So we bought her one. She loves it.

In the Seecamp you are basically buying a semi-custom built firearm. Every pistol passes thru Larry Seecamps hands, and if you knew anything about the character of the person Larry Seecamp you would know he stands by his products.. New, used, whatever. Time and time again I have seen a person come on the forum with a perceived problem and in a very short period of time Larry will have resolved that situation for him/her.. We seem to get more new, happy forum members that way....

Is there a "downside" to the Seecamp pistol?

To some people, yes. That downside is the fact that because of the very nature of it's size and construction it IS ammo sensitive.. The 25cal Seecamps were designed around using the Winchester Silvertip HP. That stubby round works perfectly, and if you use that as recommended you have no downside..

The LWS32 and to my understanding the LWS380 are designed with the Winchester Silvertip in mind (+others), altho with all LWS380's and all LWS32's after serial number 31000 any hp round that will fit and fire in the pistols are acceptable. (The strength of the stainless steel was upgraded to handle the additional stress produced by the 380 rd. and the 32's benefited for the same reason.)

The LWS25, LWS32, LWS380 are for all practical purposes the exact same size. Place them along side each other and you cannot tell any difference.

If you care to monitor the www.seecamp.com forum you will find all the information you need on any aspect of the Seecamp pistol.. Larry Seecamp is on the forum quite often, and in fact has a "Ask Larry Seecamp" sub-section should you chose to go directly to the top with a question, or problem.

My wife and I have found our particular Seecamps feed Speer Gold Dots like corn thru a goose, and that's our choice of carry rounds. Larry recommends several other brands of ammo on the forum. If he doesn't know about a certain round he will tell you.

I can tell you this. I am almost 65 years old. I have owned one or more firearms since I was 12. I have or have had: Colts/Smiths/Sigs/Keltecs/Stars/Bersas/Firestorms/Rugers/Charter Arms/High Standard/Walthers/Brownings/Bollister Molinas, and probably a few I've forgotten.

Each of these firearms have had a warranty of some type if they were bought new.. That warranty was good for a year, or a lifetime depending on the manufacturer.

I would take a Seecamp pistol with NO written warranty from Larry Seecamp over any LIFETIME Warranty from the "big boys" because I know the history and reputation of the Seecamp family, and the Seecamp firearms company and it's better by far than any large corporation IMO.

I think there are some folks on this thread who put wayyy too much value on the "written word warranty"..

Don't take anybody's word on the Seecamp.. Monitor the forum for a while and see how few complaints are voiced, and how those few are handled by Larry Seecamp. See how the folks who actually own the Seecamp firearms feel about them, and then compare what you find to other manufacturer dedicated firearm forums.

There is a reason that Larry Seecamp sells every Seecamp he makes.. The Seecamp pistol has a decades old reputation for absolute top quality in manufacture and materials, absolute top quality in reliability, and fantastic customer satisfaction and Seecamp company support.

The Seecamp line of pistols are not just the best.. They are the VERY BEST, and 2nd place is not even close. If you wish to own the "Rolex" of mouseguns, get a Seecamp.. If Seecamp made a larger pistol, it too would be the Rolex in comparison to other larger firearms. Top quality products and personal integrity are rarely found in today's society, but both qualities are alive and well at Seecamp. Top quality in the product, outstanding personal integrity in Larry Seecamp the person.

JMOFO

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Laserlips/100_6811_01.jpg

wild billz
August 28, 2007, 06:54 PM
so what is the MSRP for the 32 and/ or 380 Seecamps? At the local gunshow this weekend I saw 1 32 used for $500. I saw a NAA 32 used for $380. Letecs were all $270 and up, though I did see 1 used P3at for 245. I'm interested in the 380 version, how much do I need to lay out, also they are as rare as hen teeth around here, do you order through the factory?

thanks, and no intent to highjack this thread.

Ala Dan
August 28, 2007, 07:24 PM
Don't know about the LWS-380; but the last Seecamp LWS-32's we had in
stock were sold for $459.88@, NIB with all doc's~! ;):D

wild billz
August 28, 2007, 07:27 PM
thanks, how's that compare with the prices of NAAs

45shooter
August 28, 2007, 07:32 PM
FYI

Back 10+ years ago a LNIB Seecamp 32 was selling for about $600.
Even at that price it would only last a day or two before somebody snatch it up. Highest price I heard is $800 for a LNIB one in 1994 or 1995. I'm sure there were people who paid $1,000 or more for one back then.

PX15
August 28, 2007, 07:35 PM
wild billz:

NEW Seecamps can be purchased online from several dealers (at least two I know of on the www.seecamp forum) for "around" $400. I paid Ron Gilstrap of Alvin, Tx. $380+20 shipping about two months ago. New production, 47,xxx. Retail I think is $425.

Seecamp LWS380's are PRICY.. $795 retail. You can order one and expected delivery time will be roughly a year. Scalpers on various sites on the net are asking up to $1200. LWS380's are in the same situation now as the LWS32's were several years ago. Low production, high demand.

If you want a cheap 380 then KT has their P3AT which I've heard is a very good pistol..

I don't want a "very good" pistol.. In defense of my life as a cc weapon I want the VERY BEST.. In 380cal, That's the Seecamp LWS380.

With the Seecamp you won't have "pins backing out" or "breaking parts", and iffy reliability.. You get what you pay for.

Another thought.. In many folks minds the jury is still out on whether or not the 380rd as fired thru a small mousegun is really much better than a 32rd. Using quality self defense ammo just personally I don't think there's that much difference.

I'd been cc a 32cal pistol for years and felt perfectly armed. When I finally was able to purchase a Seecamp I realized it is simply the absolute best cc mousegun you can buy and I feel well armed with it.

I don't even know if I'll like the increased recoil of the LWS380, but I want one anyway.

I should think a person could spend roughly $400 on a new LWS32 and be "good to go".. If you are a person who thinks the 380rd is significantly better, then you can worry about getting a LWS380.

Whatever you chose you won't lose any money on a Seecamp.. Check the prices of "used" Seecamps.

Is the Seecamp LWS380 @ $795 worth three P3AT's?

Well to me it would be. YMMV.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

P.S. I'm afraid I'm turning into a "Seecamp pistol homer".. I really have developed a fondness for the fine little jewels. Seecamp. Here's a photo of my favorite mousegun as compared to my favorite 9mm full size Walther P99/AS.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Laserlips/100_6808.jpg

wild billz
August 28, 2007, 07:44 PM
PX15

Thanks for the input. I was wanting the 380 just because I've always heard its the minimum defensive round, plus I didn't want to add another rather expensive caliber (32)to the collection, though it wouldn't be shot much

I've been attracted to the concept of the Kel tecs, but can't bring myself to own one, especially for my always carry piece. I donít want to have to fluff and buff, or go back to the factory

I guess I need to decide if 32 is enough, and I really want a quality weapon

Comparisons to the NAA? Those are available locally

PX15
August 28, 2007, 08:14 PM
wild billz:

Seecamp vs NAA Guardian?

I purchased a new NAA Guardian (32cal) 8 or nine years ago. I wanted a Seecamp even then, but the prices were out of sight by scalpers, and hard to come by even when you could afford to buy one.

My Guardian had feeding issues early on, but those were corrected by the excellent NAA Customer Service/Warranty folks, and the problem never surfaced again. (NAA even sent me a free new mag. for my trouble). I think NEXT to the Seecamp a Guardian would be my choice. I still have my Guardian and I'll try to include a photo of the Seecamp & Guardian side by side so you can compare them for yourself.

A new Guardian today is (I think) around $400. Or, the prices of the Guardian and the Seecamp are very close. From all I read the quality of the "parts" in the Guardian are not as good as those in the Seecamp (mim parts?), but it is still a fine little pistol imo. The plusses for the NAA would be it's not ammo sensitive, (altho you would probably still want to shoot the same quality self defense rounds you would in the Seecamp), it has a different "button" for disassembly, which I thought might be superior to that of the Seecamp, but in practice I like the Seecamps manner of disassembly better. NAA offers many options you can't get w/Seecamp such as sight options (I think) grip options, all sorts of stuff like that. You won't be unhappy with a Guardian. I think probably the Guardian would be a better choice for the average, "I don't really like guns at all, but I need one" kinda folks.

For folks who like, and appreciate quality in their firearms the Seecamp wins hands down. I guarantee you if you hold the Seecamp in one hand and the NAA Guardian in the other you WOULD buy the Seecamp.

If the prices between the two pistols were still $400 for the Guardian and scalped at $800 for the Seecamp then I would imagine most folks would go for the Guardian. (I did, years ago). But with the prices of the two pistols very close, it's a very simple choice.

Check the prices of used Guardians and the prices of used Seecamps..

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Laserlips/100_6746.jpg

JMOFO

J. Pomeroy

mavracer
August 28, 2007, 08:23 PM
go ahead and get a 32 fill it with these and don't look back,they go 1000 fps out of my seecamp
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=452046&t=11082005

Ol` Joe
August 28, 2007, 08:47 PM
I`ve a LW380 for about 4-6 months now and love it. Times I feel I paid more then I should have for it, other times I feel it is worth every dime. The pistol is, as the others have said, "very high quality". Mine has ran right from the 1st round I put in it.
My brother and S-I-L both CC P380ATs and are happy with them. His as had to have a little buffing to get it to run but it has been fine since. They are a bit lighter then the Seecamp but a little larger too. The plastic frame turns me off as it does on any gun but for the $$ they aren`t a bad buy.
380s do bite in these small pistols, if you are recoil shy the 32 would probably be a better choice, but for self defence and limited shooting to insure the gun was functioning properly. I don`t feel recoil to be a deciding factor.

BTW, Kimber offers a 1 year warrenty on handguns and Ruger has no writen time span for theirs goods. I don`t feel Seecamps 1 yr writen warrenty with the alledged "after expiration" customer service is a handicap.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d149/1Savage/DSC00429.jpg

Erik
August 29, 2007, 01:18 AM
I like mine. It is well put together, disappears on my person, works as intended, and even thought I think of more of a novelty item than a weapon I'd care to rely on I'm glad I picked one up.

wild billz
August 29, 2007, 07:11 PM
Ok, I like the package, but is .32 acp enough gun?

PX15
August 29, 2007, 07:30 PM
Hey, keep in mind that the Seecamp is by design a very small and light pistol.. It's impossible to get "small and light" and cram a "big and heavy" round in it.

If you have concern about the 32cal round, get the LWS380.

I have several pistols/revolvers I use for cc.. If circumstances allow I cc a Walther P99/AS with 15+1 capacity, 9mm. Different circumstances, Walther P99c/AS w/10+1 capacity, 9mm. If I can't carry one of those I can almost ALWAYS carry my Seecamp. In fact even when I AM carrying one of the larger firearms I can STILL cc the Seecamp.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Laserlips/100_6808.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Laserlips/100_6832.jpg

You have to make compromises for cc anytime.. Weather, wardrobe, location, etc. all force you to adjust what you would prefer to cc at times.. The object in cc is to actually HAVE a weapon on you when and if "the ball falls", and if you don't feel the 32cal round is sufficient get a Seecamp LWS32, or even the LWS380 (same size), stick it in your pocket and get a larger caliber firearm that makes you feel warm and fuzzy. Then you are good to go.

Betcha if you do that you'll still wind up cc the Seecamp 99% of the time.

I do.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

wild billz
August 29, 2007, 08:11 PM
I carry a Glock 23, even have a Bersa thunder 380, knowing I can't get away with those ALL the time so I was looking really small. If ballisticly (if thatís even a word) the 32 is not much different than a 380 out of such a small package, probably easier to handle then I see the value. Heck my brother in law packs a .25 for those occasions something else won't work. As a matter of fact I find he packs that more than his Glock. It also seems I can get 2 32 Seecamps for nearly the price of 1 380, so even the wife can carry one. I'm looking to fill the times I can't be armed with bigger, or even overlapping with it as a bug. I'm also hooked on the quality.

scriverdog
August 30, 2007, 01:03 PM
reading this thread has certainly piqued my interest in the Seecamp.
I've got a simple question that I couldn't find the answer to on their website.

I understand that the .380 comes with two magazines, but I'm trying to learn if the .32 comes with two mags also. local dealer claims only one mag comes with the .32 and I can't tell if he's trying to charge me for the second or if I should expect two with the gun. seems odd the .380 would come with a different number of magazines than the .32

can someone confirm this for me?

thanks for this info

sam1952
August 30, 2007, 01:25 PM
I own both a .32 and a .380. It is true that the .32 come with one mag and the .380 comes with two. You will not be disapointed in either of these guns.

Rexster
August 30, 2007, 07:54 PM
A .32 Seecamp is enough gun, until it isn't. A .357 sixgun is enough gun, until it isn't. A .45-70 buffalo rifle is enough gun, until it isn't. There will always be a time and place where any chosen gun is not enough. One man cannot answer the "enough gun" question on behalf of another. My personal minimum comfort level for a carry gun is a Ruger SP101, but even when am compelled to carry only my Seecamp .32, I still have my brain, hands, and feet. I see the Seecamp as the ultimate hideaway firearm for non-permissive environments when minimal clothing is worn, and for a deeply concealed back-up weapon. Others, who lead different lifestyles, may see a .32 pocket pistol as all the gun they will ever want to carry, and I respect that. Edited to add: I consider a small, stout knife, and a sturdy flashlight, to be more important than the size of one's defensive cartridge or firearm. All three tools can save lives.

VA27
August 30, 2007, 08:36 PM
wild billz, I carried a 32 Seecamp for 11 years and never once felt 'undergunned'. Many times it's size made the difference between having a gun and not having one.

Muddflap
August 30, 2007, 09:23 PM
These folks have several.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/976922075/Guns/Pistols/Seecamp-Pistols/Seecamp_LWS_32_SS_NIB.htm

I just put a check in the mail tonight.

wild billz
August 30, 2007, 09:32 PM
they have a good price, based upon the one seecamp I've seen locally that 500 bucks used. That's also only about 100 dollars more than folks want for a Kel Tec too. I think a Seecamp is worth at least 100 more over a Keltec. Another 25 dollars for the transfer, 5 for the ncis check $435, $460 with an extra magazine.

Robert Hairless
September 7, 2007, 12:44 PM
We've dealt with Ron Gilstrap of Alvin, Texas. My memory is that Gilstrap's price for the Seecamp .32 is $385 plus $20 shipping. We would do business with him again: he seems to be a reasonable man, we've found him to be most accomodating, and he does what he says he will do. His phone number: (281) 686-5093. His e-mail: rgilstrap@gmail.com

PX15
September 7, 2007, 12:57 PM
+1 On Ron Gilstrap..

I've bought 2 LWS 32's from him recently, (one personalized), and hes a pleasure to deal with.

J. Pomeroy

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Laserlips/100_6907.jpg

Rexster
September 7, 2007, 05:43 PM
scriverdog, you can address Larry Seecamp directly through his website's company forum, so why not ask him? As far as I know, the second magazine is indeed a bonus that comes with the .380s only. The LWS-32 comes with one mag, as did the LWS-25 in its day.

PX15
September 7, 2007, 05:50 PM
Hey, it's simple.

LWS32's ONE mag.

LWS380's TWO mags.

J. Pomeroy

Sir Aardvark
September 7, 2007, 07:12 PM
Just curious -

I noted that one of PX15's guns states 1JOANN as the serial # and someone else posted a serial # of JMSAVA6E - are these the "personalized" guns that were mentioned and how much more are they?

DAdams
September 7, 2007, 08:28 PM
The personalized SN is around $50. There are some dealer/individuals on the Seecamp Website that are providing a free personalized SN when ordering a new one at $795 plus $40 shipping. Wait time on a 380 is about 12-14 months and there are 32s available at many dealers. I think the wait to order one is 2 months?

http://www.seecamp.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Great group very helpful and dedicated to the Seecamp lineup. It's nice when the owner participates in the conversations.

I just tracked down and ordered a LWS 380. Found one at a dealer. Should arrive early next week. Cost an extra 27 cents a day to get it now rather than wait a year and of course I didn't get the super cool personalized SN.

They are out there.

PX15
September 8, 2007, 08:44 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Laserlips/100_6900.jpg

When my wifes bridge club meets the ladies just toss their concealed weapons in a pile down on the bed. JoAnn wanted a way to find HER Seecamp more easily after the games, therefore the personalized 1JOANN serial number.

Actually, just kiddin'.

In reality after she saw my LWS32 she wanted one for herself, and having her own personalized LWS32 keeps her cotton pickin' hands off MY LWS32.

As a general rule I think the wait for a LWS32 is probably a month or two, and from what I hear the wait for an LWS380 is around a year. Of course there are some LWS32's and LWS380's available on the various firearm sights for immediate gratification, but they can be pricy.

JoAnn and myself are MORE than pleased with our Seecamps. Additionally the folks on the Seecamp forum are so nice it's almost worth buying a Seecamp just to join that forum of nice "extended Seecamp family" members...

Getcha' One.

J. Pomeroy

If you enjoyed reading about "Seecamp 32" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!