There really are different opinions

PDA

christcorp
August 27, 2007, 09:54 AM
I've had a couple of opportunities to shoot some of the newer guns in my collection recently. And prior to hunting season, I usually take the entire collection out to plink with a sight in. My wife wanted to go out and shoot some also. She only gets out about once a year to fire, but she's comfortable with what's in the house. My son also wanted to shoot being he doesn't get to very often. So, we made it a family day event.

Besides having a lot of fun, something threw me for a loop. When shooting the 357 magnum, both the wife and son thought nothing of shooting 38 specials. We shot 4 different types of 357 ammo. Ammerican; cheap paper punching; CCI Blazer; Speer Gold Dot, and federal hydrashok. All 158 grain. While both of them agreed that the 357 mag kicked a bit more than the 38 special, neither one thought that it was that bad. And BOTH thought that the 45acp with 230 ball ammo kicked more. Even with golden sabers and hydrashocks they thought the 45acp had more kick. Just goes to show that each person is different. I've always had 357 ammo loaded for home defense along with the 45acp and shotgun. Later... Mike....

If you enjoyed reading about "There really are different opinions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Iggy
August 27, 2007, 11:59 AM
Did you find anything interested at the Wasatch show?

christcorp
August 27, 2007, 01:41 PM
Hey Iggy; Looked for you there but couldn't pick you out. It was OK. I saw a couple of 686's that were interesting at a decent price. But I just didn't like the trigger pull on either one. Nothing as smooth as my monel 13. I even had a few offers to trade my 13. I don't think I'll ever trade that gun. I did find a nice set of wood grips for the 13 and some bulk ammo. Nothing really good as far as guns go. later... Mike....

If you enjoyed reading about "There really are different opinions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!