Cpo P229

PDA

Taurus92 in KyleTX
August 27, 2007, 03:16 PM
Here's a question for all the Sig experts (forgive me for not pouring through all 29 pages of the Sig Club)...

I recently purchased a CPO P229 in .40, and was wondering how I might be able to get more information on it (i.e. year it was made, rolled/stamped slide, any indications of what's been replaced/serviced, etc).

Any recommendations? I'm assuming calling Sig customer service is one option.

Thanks!

Aw, crap, just realized I might have to change my user handle. :banghead: Oh, well, you can never forget your first...

If you enjoyed reading about "Cpo P229" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
zeroskillz
August 27, 2007, 06:34 PM
Yes, you can call customer service if the following doesn't help.
In some cases there's a stamp on the right side of the gun next to the armory stamps that has two letters, sometimes it's under the barrel on the dust cover.
Here's the date codes:
A = 0
B = 1
C = 2
D = 3
E = 4
F = 5
G = 6
H = 7
J = 8
K = 9

Congrats on your new purchase! I just did a little project for my 229, which was putting together four 17 round Mec-Gar mags with X-Grip adapters for it. Easy way to get hi-cap mags for the 229. It does require a little grinding of the base plates, but the adapters cover that.
Here's a poor pic:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j271/zeroskillz2/misc%20crap/chipsndip.jpg

Enjoy!
-Ted

Taurus92 in KyleTX
August 28, 2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks, Ted! I'll have to check it out when I get home. Did you make the hi-caps mags for a .40 or 9mm?

If you enjoyed reading about "Cpo P229" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!