Sig P232

PDA

Deadheadted37
August 27, 2007, 05:17 PM
I have been looking into a smaller autoloader and was wondering what people thought about the Sig P232 Stainless?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P232" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lonestar49
August 27, 2007, 05:31 PM

Accurate, easy for ccw, dependable, reliable, but needs good cleaning after 200 rounds, a must with the blow back action.

I also have the Black Hogue, fingered, wrap-around grips on mine, and it just looks awesome, feels awesome, IS awesome.

Only need one type of ammo for range and HD/SD, IMHO, good/new 95gr FMJ, and she'll do the job.

7 shots per mag, and from my experience, personally, I do not pre-load the chamber, then insert a 7 round mag but, simply, go with 1 chambered, and 6 left in the mag, along with full back-up mag of 7.

That way, it works 100% for me any, and every, time.

Get one..

LS

zeroskillz
August 27, 2007, 06:17 PM
Good quality gun. Can't really go wrong with a Sig. I'm also a bit partial to the all Stainless sigs. I like the look and feel of them .I can sell you one NIB at $665 for the stainless version. Drop me a PM if you're at all interested (I'm a Sig dealer).
-Ted

KevininPa
August 27, 2007, 06:21 PM
And love it! Sweet shooter, and as reliable as you can get.

Kevin in Pa

usp9
August 27, 2007, 06:58 PM
One of my favorites. I carry in a Galco Fletch...very comfortable, quick to target, natural pointer, quick follow-up shots, thin and most concealable. A winner. Compared to Walther PPK/s the Sig is a nicer weapon. Only the Beretta is comparable in quality.

comeandtakeit
August 27, 2007, 07:17 PM
Best .380 that size on the market.

Coronach
August 27, 2007, 07:38 PM
It is big for a .380, but this helps make it very shootable. It is a very high-quality gun.

Mike

tydephan
August 27, 2007, 07:48 PM
I love mine.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k40/tydephan/Sig_232_on_vest_1_640.jpg

geekWithA.45
August 27, 2007, 07:57 PM
Like all PPK types, it has a heavy crunchenticker for a trigger, and being a trigger snob, it turned me off bigtime.

If they cleaned up the trigger and beefed it up with unobtanium and a locking mechanism to handle 9mm, I'd buy one yesterday.

mbdolfin
August 27, 2007, 08:07 PM
I bought one a couple of months ago for off duty carry so i could retire the glock 27. I have had nothing but problems with it. The gun will chamber and fire fmj bullets no problem but it will not chamber any hollow points. I think the feed ramp needs to be polished. I am going to send it back to sig.
I don't want to turn you off about buying one of these guns because sig is just about the best quality gun that you can buy. I love how the p232 fits in my hand and it is very accurate. I am already planning on buying a p229 equinox. I would recomend buying one. You wont regret it.

19-3Ben
August 27, 2007, 08:42 PM
It was my very first CCW. My dad gave me his P232 as my 21st birthday present when I got my license to carry. It carries beautifully, and absolutely disappears on me (and I am a thin guy) under just a t-shirt. not even a thick or loose one.
It is accurate and reliable. As was mentioned before, just keep it cleaned. In my torture tests, it starts jamming up after about 300 rounds without cleaning.
It points so naturally you can't even imagine. and it is soooooo beeeeyoooootiful!!!!!!

Cougfan2
August 27, 2007, 08:49 PM
Love mine!

tydephan Love the wood grips on yours! Where did you get them?

Cougfan2
August 27, 2007, 08:52 PM
The gun will chamber and fire fmj bullets no problem but it will not chamber any hollow points.

mbdolfin I've shot Winchester SXT's and Corbon in mine and no feed problems. Send it back to Sig!

tydephan
August 27, 2007, 08:52 PM
Where did you get them?

They are Nill grips.

http://www.nill-griffe.com/

I can't claim credit for the setup though. This pistol used to belong to another member of THR, Frandy. He put the grips on and snapped that beautiful picture.

When he decided to sell the gun, I jumped all over it.

Thanks!

Cougfan2
August 27, 2007, 08:55 PM
They are Nill grips.

tydephan Thanks for the link! Methinks some Nill grips are in the future for my 232.

19-3Ben
August 27, 2007, 09:01 PM
I've thought of them as well. Just too pricey for me right now. Especially because the Hogues work sooo nicely!!!

BTW- if your P232 does not feed hollowpoints, there is something amiss. Mine fires Hydra-Shock, and Gold Dot with absolutely no problem at all.

yongxingfreesty
August 27, 2007, 09:16 PM
nice grips, wish i could afford those.

tydephan
August 27, 2007, 09:24 PM
Methinks some Nill grips are in the future for my 232.

When I get some extra money and have nothing else to do with it, I'm going to purchased a blued 232 and put a set of those Nill grips on it. I've seen them on the blued pistols before and they look surprisingly nice!

But they are not just for aesthetics. Using the stock grips on the 232, I was still coming dangerously close to being bitten by the slide because I have big hands. The Nill grips are fatter, which allow me to retain better control. My hand no longer rides up and I haven't even been grazed by the slide with the Nills installed.

Just in case you really needed to justify it, coug.

Cougfan2
August 27, 2007, 10:43 PM
Just in case you really needed to justify it, coug.

NEVER a need to justify cool goodies for the armory!:D

makarovnik
August 28, 2007, 01:34 AM
Awesome weapon!

Storm
August 28, 2007, 11:07 AM
I recently picked up a used 232 and haven't shot it yet. Years ago I had a 230 and know what to expect, and that is a darn fine shooter. My 232 is stainless and along with the Hogue grips is quite a package. BTW, while the Hogue grips feel great this in one gun that is also fine with the stock grips.

Another option is a Walther PPK/S. Here is an Interams PPK/s that I just picked up where I have added factory thumbrest grips:
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6633/img2448ng5.jpg

Noxx
August 28, 2007, 01:55 PM
I think the 232 is one of the sexier pistols on the market, and I enjoy shooting borrowed examples, but folks with big paws beware, it can deliver the worst slide bite you've ever had as well.

Black Majik
August 28, 2007, 02:01 PM
IMO, the P232 is the best .380 blowback pistol available currently. The ones I've shot have been reliable, but they have also been prone to limpwristing problems with other shooters.

Accurate, comfortable size, and easy to shoot.

yongxingfreesty
August 28, 2007, 02:22 PM
is it the same as the two tone p232? there is one here for 445 shipped.

Coronach
August 28, 2007, 03:29 PM
If they cleaned up the trigger and beefed it up with unobtanium and a locking mechanism to handle 9mm, I'd buy one yesterday.They did. The outsourced the design to H&K, and it is marketed as a "P7". ;)

Mike

PS YESSSSSS, that is a joke. The designs are not at all similar. However, the pistols are almost identically sized. If you're looking for a 9mm in that form factor with an excellent trigger, try the P7.

tydephan
August 28, 2007, 03:34 PM
is it the same as the two tone p232? there is one here for 445 shipped.

No. The two-tone has a black frame with a stainless slide. The 232SL has a stainless frame.

232SL (22.4 oz)
http://www.sigarms.com/images/catalog/product/232left.jpg

232 two-tone (17.6 oz)
http://www.sigarms.com/images/catalog/product/232_TTone_left.jpg

$445 is a fair price. Not great, but fair (based on pricing in my area).

They did. The outsourced the design to H&K, and it is marketed as a "P7".

I didn't realize the P7's were made with unobtanium. Oh I've got to have one now.

Coronach
August 28, 2007, 04:07 PM
It's the only way to explain the price. ;)

(Actually, it has dropped a lot recently. Supply is up.)

Mike

yongxingfreesty
August 28, 2007, 07:58 PM
thank for qukc reply

is the black frame on the two tone aluminum?

Lonestar49
August 28, 2007, 08:11 PM

Judging by the weight differences, and the price of the 2-tone is about 300 less than an SL

The few SL's I have seen around here NIB are about 700 bucks.

LS

Steelharp
August 28, 2007, 09:19 PM
What is the difference in this and a P230? Is it simply finish, or something more substantive?

the_skunk
April 4, 2011, 09:02 AM
The P230 was a great German made pistol ..... the P232 is very undependable due to a change in the breech

Guns and more
April 4, 2011, 10:47 AM
Nice gun.
Really big for a .380 IMO.

19-3Ben
April 4, 2011, 11:29 AM
It's funny looking at my posts from 3 years ago.

I still feel the same way about the P232, but I bought an LCP when they first came out and it has proven to be more reliable and much much smaller and lighter for the same firepower.
I haven't carried that P232 in a long long time. If I can carry something the size of my P232, I can carry my Kahr K40 and have a lot more power on tap. But if I want a .380 I have options that are much easier than the Sig. So there it sits....

osteodoc08
April 4, 2011, 03:44 PM
Wife has a 230SL which is essentially the same. It has been absolutely problem free, uber accurate, and soft shooting. She loves it and whats not to love about that. Good luck with your decision.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P232" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!