Any bass players here,have a few questions.

PDA

megatronrules
July 5, 2003, 08:14 PM
I am going to be taking up playing electric bass this week and was wondering if there are any bass players here on THR? I will be getting a 4 string bass and was wondering what a good one is? I was leaninf toward a fender precision bass mexican made perhaps? I hear these are alomst as good as thair american made cousins is this true?

Now a little background on me,I am into jazz music and james brown (gotta have the godfarther of soul) as well as older stuff like the temptations I love the motown stuff. I am very influanced by james jameison I feel he is probably the best bass player ever! He played on just about all of the motown greats along with the funk brothers. In general I feel like i will like playing bass,however I may want to also play guitar down the road. FWIW def leppard bassist rick savage plays a hamer 5 string bass and also plays guitar on some songs.

So my questions are: 1) what beginner bass is the best for the money? 2) Is it easy to transition from bass to guitar easily as i've heard some say? Is there anyone here who plays both who can atest to this?
Thanks for any replies guys.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any bass players here,have a few questions." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rperry03
July 5, 2003, 08:41 PM
I played bass in the past, but not recently.

I have always used 5 string Ibanez and Hartke products.

Going from Bass to Guitar is harder than going from Guitar to Bass.
I picked up the bass, because everyone wants to play the guitar.

Before I played Bass I played guitar and it was easy because you knew all the cords, modes and arpeggios.

Betty
July 5, 2003, 08:45 PM
OT. Closed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any bass players here,have a few questions." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!