Family photo + question about 1911

PDA

WinchesterAA
August 27, 2007, 11:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/SgtAryan/DSCF3715.jpg

All that's missing from that photo is my bolt gun but I'll get it over here soon enough.

Nevertheless, note the ciener 22LR kit beside the 1911.. It fits on there perfectly but no other slide I've tried (norinco milspec, colt gold cup, and a GI 1911)

they all either are dimensionally smaller than the frame or the ejector gets in the way.

What other slides would be an option similar to the ciener kit that would fit on my frame? My goal is to get sights for it for now and keep it as is, but when funds permit I want a standard slide with low profile sights for CCW and then use the comped barrel for SD while driving and/or hunting or whatever.

The 1911 has impressed me since I got the hiccups out and replaced the extractor. 950rds and no failures even with the promag. Only a few k more of some dirty cheap ammo and I'll trust it with pretty much anything.

Better yet, my roomate got whipped hard by some girl and decided to move out on the fly. His "I'm sorry I'm screwing you over" gift was forking over the $$ for the pistol AND will pay for the 8 months he aint gunna be here.

Not bad if I do say so myself.

ETA - tie straps rock as slings.. comfy and will fit pretty much anything.
ETA - The 1911 and I have gotten to know eachother quite well.. I really got a strange and unfamiliar feeling of completion after getting the kinks worked out of the recent addition. Pretty weird, but it feels good. Like I've gotten everything I wanted out of life. Damn reliable and effective rifle, shotgun, and pistol. What could be better?

If you enjoyed reading about "Family photo + question about 1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Family photo + question about 1911" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!