High Noon Topless Vs. Slide Guard??

PDA

JLStorm
August 28, 2007, 08:39 PM
Which do you find more comfortable and does the slide guard keep its shape or bend over away from the body from long periods of sitting creating a slower draw from leather getting in the way?

Also, how would you compare them in quality and function to holster makers such as milt sparks or mitch rosen?

If you enjoyed reading about "High Noon Topless Vs. Slide Guard??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sm
August 28, 2007, 09:45 PM
High Noons of various makes and models are proving themselves here in the hot and humid south.

I forget the names, just the IWB with forward cant work well, for various guns.
Price was right, service was fast.
[Hidden Alley I think is one, heck I use one and don't keep up with this stuff]

Guns run from 1911, full and Commander, BHP Kel-Tec P-11, K frames, S&W 3913...
Ladies, gents, young, older, and physically limited have had great service from High Noon.
Some nice deals on specials.

We like Alessi, Milt Sparks and Galco, still...I run with a certain crowd and sometimes budgets and fast delivery come in to play.
None of us use Glocks, HK, Sigs, ...no .40 cal, just a no nonsense bunch running certain guns and calibers.

Slide: I like the Yaqui (sp?) slides for C&L 1911, I think mine was a Galco...
Mine was stolen with some other stuff, still we gals and guys run these slides, in the summer, with C&L 1911, BHPs , not hard to do at all.
If a 4'11" gal can run a bone stock Gov't model and conceal one, anyone can.

Detachment Charlie
August 29, 2007, 12:51 AM
Here in Paradise (AKA Florida Gulf Coast), the High Noon SlideGuard is my choice for my XD45. But the wait time is a killer. Am looking for a new holster for my new 1911, but won't wait for High Noon.
OK, here comes a rant...if you are running a business and delivery times are strung out and cost you business, change the way you are doing business! Or, you will always be a small-timer or out of business when a competitor provides the same quality product quicker.:cuss:
Sorry, since I retired, I feel like my MBA is just hanging around wanting to balance my checkbook.:banghead:
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/Detachment_Charlie/HNXD45.jpg

sm
August 29, 2007, 01:42 AM
Humm...
Odd.
I understand about Service, Wholesale, Retail and all , and I understand "all sides" having concerns and problems.

"Odd" because, High Noon has been one company that has gone the extra step with folks I know.

Still I understand all facets.
I have (business) sued because the lady was upset we did not have her item ready.
Forget the fact the front plate glass was driven through and the safe taken , she wanted her stuff "right this minute".
So she sued us.

One Retailer raised cain, he did not seen to care the person doing his wholesale stuff was rushed to the hospital with a heart attack and was undergoing bypass surgery , he wanted to "speak to that lying so-n-so right then".

I got cussed out in public , in front of all the employees assisting a business we sold to.
Seems the business did not want to deal with me.
It did not matter the regular sales rep was shot on the road and I had driven 200 miles to meet these folks to assist them to make the sale.

Fine, I told them "we" did not want them to make the $50k sale and I walked off.
( I had the "memo" so if the customer bought for cash, I got cash)
I also had the authority to cease business with them, and I wanted the $120k balance due they owed us for inventory we sold them in five days.
I got the money in 5 days and these folks had a hard time getting anyone to sell them for a bit.

I sent the customer, to a competitor, and he made the cash sale.
"Follow me, and I will take care of you" and these folks did, and never did business with the other business again.
Customers, in store, during all this, and were sincere about the sales rep, his condition , his family..

I got a sales rep with gunshot wounds, and this business acts this way?
Sorry, I went over and beyond and the sales rep's family deserved some respect.

I understand all facets of all this. There is a place to be upset and rightfully so, then again I do understand the various reasons why some matters happen as they do.
I seem to get treated well , I guess there is truth is being able to tell who has worked in the "bidness" and who has not.

If you enjoyed reading about "High Noon Topless Vs. Slide Guard??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!