M36 Hammer Kit?

PDA

Moon
August 28, 2007, 11:13 PM
I recently inherited a S&W Model 36. I'd prefer to have a bobbed hammer on this gun, but I really don't want to have a gunsmith cut the hammer. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a drop-in bobbed hammer? I've been searching for a hammer kit on the internet, but I have yet to find one.

If you enjoyed reading about "M36 Hammer Kit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gator
August 28, 2007, 11:17 PM
Never heard of a "pre-bobbed" hammer. Just get an extra hammer and bob that one.

JMACDONALD
August 29, 2007, 01:27 AM
Moon I just did a quick search on ebay for you and did'nt find one. Keep checking on there though because I've seen them on there in the $20.00 range. You could try gunparts.com or call Smith directly and see if they have any. - MAC

HuntAndFish
August 29, 2007, 10:52 PM
Got mine here:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/model.asp?idDept=230

Don't know if they have one for your 36-x though.

Rexster
August 29, 2007, 11:17 PM
I saw them on Ebay, before Ebay banned the listing of most gun parts. All were stainless, and originally made for NYPD's DAO revolvers. I picked up several bobbed hammers for weapons other than J-frames. Try the firearms-oriented online auctions. I have never heard of aftermarket hammers for revolvers, other than for Ruger single actions.

If you enjoyed reading about "M36 Hammer Kit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!