night sights yellow/green or orange/green which combo do you prefer?

PDA

JLStorm
August 29, 2007, 07:04 PM
Im just wondering which is easier to differentiate Im specifically looking at the meprolight line.

If you enjoyed reading about "night sights yellow/green or orange/green which combo do you prefer?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
P5 Guy
August 29, 2007, 09:25 PM
I'm going to go with all green on my G26 when I get the cash together.

JLStorm
August 29, 2007, 09:35 PM
I have all green, they are great, but at night when its really dark its hard at times for me to momentarily differentiate the front sight from the rear...hard to explain but its been an issue every now and then.

HorseSoldier
August 29, 2007, 10:00 PM
All mine are all green. I do know people whose firearms opinions are solid and based on much greater ability and skill than my own who swear by different colored set ups, or just a single tritium front sight with plain rear sights.

wheel
August 29, 2007, 10:03 PM
Be aware that the orange sights are only rated for about 6-7 years half life (I forget the exact figure, see the Trijicon site for details).

Green/yellow are normally 12 year half life.

1911user
August 29, 2007, 10:22 PM
green/green works well for me and might give a few extra options when choosing the brand or style of the sights.

sm
August 29, 2007, 10:52 PM
None of the above.

14k yellow gold bead, front sight only, shows up in all lighting conditions.

skinewmexico
August 29, 2007, 10:57 PM
I have TFOs with the yellow front, it's great.

Navy joe
August 29, 2007, 11:00 PM
Gr/Gr Heinie Straight-8s, three dots is too busy. Before them I used a green only front.

PPGMD
August 29, 2007, 11:33 PM
I prefer yellow/green.

10-Ring
August 30, 2007, 12:46 AM
I prefer grn/ grn -- brightest, easiest to pick up in low to no light. I was once told by an instructor that if you can't tell the difference between the front sight & the rear sights, it would be too dark to ID a BG anyway...that's when a light source would come in handy ;)

Lonestar49
August 30, 2007, 02:13 AM

I have green/green on my Sigs.. must say, in light dim light, they show up nice.

I also have orange rears, with green front on my Beretta, and must say, that in the dark, I like how the green front stands out so much more than the 2 rear orange ones, making picking up the front sight VERY CLEAN, and FAST with no mix of the colors, as can happen with all green sights, sometimes.

If we're talking about which colors offer the quickest separation of rears and front, then my vote would go, rear orange or yellow, front green, as green is the brightest color for the eyes to see at night.

LS

If you enjoyed reading about "night sights yellow/green or orange/green which combo do you prefer?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!