Source of 'old style' Ruger Vaqueros

PDA

rcellis
August 30, 2007, 11:24 AM
I have a friend who's getting into cowboy shooting, but has only one of the older style Vaqueros - he needs a mate for it.

Anyone know of a source for the older models (before they thinned the grip/handle)? He doesn't need a new one; a solid used one would be fine.

If you enjoyed reading about "Source of 'old style' Ruger Vaqueros" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joab
August 30, 2007, 11:31 AM
What caliber, what barrel length
I have a 4 3/4 .45 listed in the for sale section

other than that try gunbroker.com

rcellis
August 30, 2007, 11:42 AM
Not sure on the length - but he needs a .45 - I'll find out and point him in your direction if the length is right. Thanks.

joab
August 30, 2007, 11:43 AM
I have the rifle and shotgun to go with it also

Warner
August 30, 2007, 11:47 AM
Maybe Gunbroker or Auction Arms?

BlkHawk73
August 31, 2007, 06:51 PM
Just gotta keep eyes open at shows an shops or go online to the sites mentioned above. Some models of these are getting a bit scarce.

tipoc
August 31, 2007, 06:59 PM
A very common gun. Look over to the classified section of www.rugerforum.com

What you're looking for is a Vaquero. The newer gun is known as the New Vaquero and is on a frame sized closer to a Colt. The New Vaquero is not built to handle the loads of the Vaquero. The latter was built on the same frame as the Black Hawk.

tipoc

RichardB
August 31, 2007, 07:34 PM
Try the Single Action Shooting Society's (SASS) web site.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showforum=14

If you enjoyed reading about "Source of 'old style' Ruger Vaqueros" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!