500 S&w

PDA

303carbine
August 31, 2007, 02:24 AM
A friend of mine has one of these monsters, it sure is a wakeup call when you touch off a 440 cast fullhouse load.
My first shot out of it was at an orange clay birdie at 75 yards....big bang, big crater in the dirt burm and nothing left of the birdie.
I wish we could hunt with handguns here...........:cuss: government

If you enjoyed reading about "500 S&w" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
John C
September 1, 2007, 06:10 PM
What length barrel? Open sights or scope?

Cool, though, no matter what it was. Good shooting!

-John

Crunker1337
September 1, 2007, 08:12 PM
I want to see what a heavy .500S&W HP will do to a watermelon. I've already seen .50AE Desert Eagles literally blasting them into little bitty pieces.

303carbine
September 3, 2007, 06:35 PM
It was an 8 &3/8ths barrel with open sights.You have to wear eye protection, ear plugs and ear muffs !!!! Shooting gloves are recommended too.:eek:
The inside of the shooting enclosure was dry from the percussion and flames, after a full cylinder of 440 fullhouse loads it stops being fun....not really.:evil:

ArchAngelCD
September 3, 2007, 10:19 PM
I saw a shooting show where the host shot a S&W .500 at a head of cabbage. Needless to say, one round turned the entire head into tinny little pieces. LOL It literally exploded and there was almost nothing left. Very Cool... :)

If you enjoyed reading about "500 S&w" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!