Eight hundred mostly meaningless posts as of today

PDA

Boats
July 6, 2003, 01:35 PM
I find myself wondering how exactly many people have two or three times more than me. I already think I spend too much time here.

If you do it, how do you post so darn much?

If you enjoyed reading about "Eight hundred mostly meaningless posts as of today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
telomerase
July 6, 2003, 01:39 PM
>If you do it, how do you post so darn much?

Because we can't afford any other recreational activity? That reminds me, we need a new thread...

Lone_Gunman
July 6, 2003, 02:02 PM
Some people have full time jobs posting here.

Others just add meaningless comments such as this to increase their post count.

MicroBalrog
July 6, 2003, 02:06 PM
Well, for me, posting on THR is my only way to get close to the "gun culture".

dinosaur
July 6, 2003, 02:31 PM
Yup, uh huh, :) Nods sagely.

WhoKnowsWho
July 6, 2003, 03:07 PM
I don't talk much most of the time anyways, so posting is a semi-uncommon thing for me, but the fact that I spend so much time here, usually two visits for 1 hour+ a day each, adds up I guess.

And anyways, I do like seeing that number go up... :D

Snake Eyes
July 6, 2003, 03:23 PM
Boats, I've read a number of your posts and found them informative, entertaining and only partially useless;)

As for myself, I'm jamming in as many posts as possible so I can get the "FNG" moniker out from under my name:D

rick newland
July 6, 2003, 04:03 PM
There are people at the DU site bragging about being over 5000 posts. Only thing I can think of about having that much time off is that it is financed through our tax dollars.

cool45auto
July 6, 2003, 05:00 PM
Well, there's, what, like twenty categories on here with multiple subjects being added daily on each one. If you just replied to one post in each section that's almost twenty a day. Some days there's just a lot going on here and you want to put your two cents in. :D

Boats
July 6, 2003, 05:23 PM
Yeah, maybe I need to branch out. As of now, I spend most of my posting energies on L&P, General handguns and Autopistols. I have a rifle, but rifles just work and AK v. AR debates get really old. I have a shotgun, but it is boring. I used to hunt, but don't have the time and am anchored by a toddler anyways. I only reload by recipe and am in no hurry to experiment blowing my pistols apart.;)

I am buying a revolver next month. I guess I am mere weeks away from being a self-proclaimed expert in yet another shooting discipline!:D Look out revolver forum!

Parker Dean
July 6, 2003, 05:28 PM
^^^

"And so inform us of the revolver choice" the poster asks, increasing his meager post count :D

CZSteve
July 6, 2003, 05:36 PM
What wlse would we do...
Take out the garbage, mow the lawn, paint the house, feed the kids...
Nah :rolleyes:

RSKING45
July 6, 2003, 05:41 PM
Feed the kids.They need to eat???????:p

Boats
July 6, 2003, 05:48 PM
My proposed revolver, (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29976) or a fool and his money will soon be parted, but man, a one of a kind handgun is a thing of sheer joy, (and object of envy of those who have not).:D

Arcli9ht
July 6, 2003, 06:32 PM
"What is it with you kids? Every other day, it's food, food, food."

Sorry, completely off topic....

Hey! my post count went up one!

/Arcli9ht

Jim March
July 6, 2003, 07:48 PM
I know I'm higher...lesse...oh LORDY, 1812. Sigh. :D

Hand_Rifle_Guy
July 6, 2003, 08:50 PM
I almost NEVER make frivolous posts. If I don't have a meaningful contribution to make, I mostly don't say anything. Occaissonally I let fly with an irate opinion, but not often.

And I've only ever had ONE thread shut. I linked it in my sigline! ;)

Uh, that does make me wonder why THIS thread is still running, or at least hasn't been booted to Legal/Political. My thread got shut in a mere three houirs, and I even TRIED to make it gun related. Had help, too, but it was shut before I could even get back to it!

I guess I'm just not special enough. Ya see how they're repressin' me? Sighhh... :( :rolleyes:

AZTOY
July 6, 2003, 08:57 PM
My post count would be higher but i don't like typing:neener:

telewinz
July 7, 2003, 08:31 AM
I would post more often with meaningful subject matter but everytime I do my thread gets moved or closed! I've had great posts (arguements) on tanks, WW2, and military leadership but all YOU people want to talk about is GUNS. Get a life!:D The Sherman really was a turd of a tank.

Moparmike
July 7, 2003, 09:08 AM
I am still waiting for Skunky's response. That should be entertaining.:D

Alan Smithiee
July 7, 2003, 08:02 PM
they moved my visit to the surgeon from the 9th to the 26th, so I will have even more time on my hands untill then. this town has WAY to many hills for a wheelchair.

and my smith hasn't finished fixing my M1 carbine yet.

thats my excuse and I'm sticking with it (grin)

(Shermans, Lights First Time, Every Time)

Skunkabilly
July 7, 2003, 09:52 PM
Make this 801 :o

(can't believe I missed this the first time around, I must be getting careless)

MarkDido
July 7, 2003, 10:03 PM
I don't feed my kids, the neighbors do.....

I have feral children :)

Boats
July 7, 2003, 10:03 PM
Make this 801

Skunk, you of all people, should strenuously avoid discussions about how many meaningless posts one has.;)

blades67
July 7, 2003, 10:23 PM
I must have one or two posts that aren't completely useless.:D

Skunkabilly
July 8, 2003, 01:14 AM
Skunk, you of all people, should strenuously avoid discussions about how many meaningless posts one has.

Oops, when I saw your post title, I thought you somehow figured out how many posts were posted today, that THR had 800 posts today. Wasn't tryin to imply your posts were meaninless :o

Mine on the other hand :uhoh:

Skunkabilly Tactical. More Americans come to Skunkabilly Tactical than any other source for advice on carbon fiber :uhoh:

PATH
July 8, 2003, 01:15 AM
Sometimes the post is just idle chatter and sometimes it is informative. Sometimes folks just want to post something they are thinking. When I am off I post a good deal. I have slowed down some in the past few months.
There is only so much one fella can say at times.

pax
July 8, 2003, 01:23 AM
Gun-related? Nope. Closed.

pax

Of those who say nothing, few are silent. -- Thomas Neill

If you enjoyed reading about "Eight hundred mostly meaningless posts as of today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!