Norinco 54-T

PDA

dasmi
August 31, 2007, 08:58 AM
I found one NIB for $145. After fees, probably a $200 gun. What's the word on these? Reliable? It would just be a plinker fun gun, but I'd still prefer it didn't jam all the time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Norinco 54-T" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Onmilo
August 31, 2007, 11:53 AM
Chinese Tokarev in the original 7.62X25 caliber is actually a fairly decent handgun.
They are reliable and durable, about the only issues are with the goofy frame mount safety the US requires.
These pistols can also be amazingly accurate when fed the right ammunition.
Mine was super accurate with Chinese made fmj loads.
Yoy would think the pistol and the cartridges were tailor made for each other.
$145.00 is an excellent buy.

The 9mm caliber guns are kind of ho-hum in the accuracy and reliability departments.
They work best with 115 grain fmj cartridges and the ones I have fired were never as accurate as the 7.62 guns and were very finicky about the cartridges they were fed.

I forgot to add that the Chinese never bothered to regulate the sights for the 9mm pistols, they have the exact same sights as the 7.62 guns and consequently, the point of aim and point of impact runs to the casually off target side. Lots of trigger control, Kentucky windage, and breathing technique to get repeated hits.HTH

dasmi
August 31, 2007, 12:43 PM
Forgot to mention that it's a 9mm.

000Buck
August 31, 2007, 10:00 PM
$145 is a super deal even for 9mm

If you enjoyed reading about "Norinco 54-T" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!