Has anyone ever shot the Carbon 15 pistol?

PDA

Lone_Gunman
July 6, 2003, 01:14 PM
I notice that Bushmaster is selling these now.

It doesn't look very practical, i admit, but everything in life doesnt have to be.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Has anyone ever shot the Carbon 15 pistol?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Justin
July 6, 2003, 02:28 PM
I've never shot one personally, but I have seen a guy at the range with one. HUGE muzzle flash, even in the middle of the day.

My understanding is that the ballistics of the .223 out of such a short barrel are positively abysmal. Though I wonder if you could handload for it with a faster burning powder or something?

PaulTX
July 6, 2003, 05:08 PM
I was around when a guy was shooting one of these short barrelled wonders - it is VERY LOUD!

Arkady
July 7, 2003, 01:13 AM
Never shot one, but i can imagine what it's like.

I wouldnt mind having one in .300 Whisper, though.

Steve Smith
July 7, 2003, 01:36 PM
Yes, I've shot one. Muzzle blast is significant and aiming is a chore.

A .300 Whisper variant would be even more pointless as you could not get your heavy .30 cal bullets up to speed without making a huge blast.

Big Daddy
July 7, 2003, 05:29 PM
I shot one. It was neat for what it is/was, but not my cup of tea. The one I shot did not have problems with functioning or anything, so take it FWIW.

Cableman
July 7, 2003, 06:25 PM
I have the Pro Ord version, same as the new Bushy

It is a lot of fun to shoot, hell of a fireball at night.
Not very practical, not very accurate, but a lot of fun.

If you want a fun gun, get it, but if you are looking for accuracy, get a AR15 Rifle.

If you enjoyed reading about "Has anyone ever shot the Carbon 15 pistol?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!