Hi: I'm gay, and my lover just left me. I think I need a gun to protect my 4 children

PDA

Socrates
September 3, 2007, 11:35 AM
That should read,

'Petite and gay'

Now that I have your attention...:D
I'm seeing more and more of these, 'Hi, I'm a newbie girl and I need help' posts.:cuss: They seem to devolve into discussions that pit forum members against each other, cost us solidarity, and, cost us members.

I really wonder if they aren't all http://www.smokingcelebs.com/l/pam15.jpg

and her Peta people trying to destroy the gun movement.?

I'd suggest the following:
Don't respond until you have enough evidence that the new member is legit.
Moderators need to check new IEP's on such posts. Carefully consider how well the post is written. Is it a Trojan Horse, or Helen of Troy?;)

Wait, and make sure the member comes back and posts in the thread again, so you get a feel for the person, prior to posting ideas. Ask the person questions about their situation, relevant to the choices they face. Find out who they are, prior to giving free advice.

I don't like seeing a newbie make such a post, never come back to the thread, and, 10 pages of fighting about what's best for a non-existent person, that costs us members, and, finally, has the moderators step in.

Meanwhile, the original poster, a Facist liberal, is rolling on the floor dieing, watching us all make fools out of ourselves.:cuss::fire::banghead:

S esq.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hi: I'm gay, and my lover just left me. I think I need a gun to protect my 4 children" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BlindJustice
September 3, 2007, 12:34 PM
Great post.... snork...

FWIW - I am a member of a Great Northwest
email list of motorcyclists - some very diverse life
styles but the common thing itwo wheels - doesn't
matter what kind of bike, which is an analogy of
keeping things in perspective for the forum involved.

Did you have a question on Handguns - General?

W.E.G.
September 3, 2007, 12:55 PM
I don't really think you are that gay.

Glockman17366
September 3, 2007, 01:33 PM
Boy...you don't look gay...

Tully M. Pick
September 3, 2007, 01:53 PM
To be fair, my own first post was kind of poking fun at people. I was impressed with how it was handled, though, and how many people offered me help, even once the thread was locked by moderators. That professionalism is part of what I find attractive about this community.

But this isn't really a general hanguns discussion post, is it?

BlindJustice
September 3, 2007, 02:00 PM
hmmm, newbie girl - transgender?

Does it make a difference with LH or RH twist in the barrel?

or is that the Northern vs southern hemisphere theory?

Socrates
September 3, 2007, 02:07 PM
It's usually funnier. The guys come out on charging white horses, and, so do the
feminists. Then the sparks start flying.

I live in San Francisco, and, since I can't own a handgun, thanks to a San Francisco law, what would you suggest for home defense?

S esq.

Socrates
September 3, 2007, 02:09 PM
Pam is my idol...

Deanimator
September 3, 2007, 02:25 PM
Pam is my idol...
In the words of Sir Mix-Alot:

"Silicone parts are made for toys!"

W.E.G.
September 3, 2007, 02:43 PM
All the left-coast fashion-queens like hairspray and a lighter.

Gunbabe
September 3, 2007, 03:00 PM
Well, I am a female and I was given this site by someone I trust and value their opinion very much. I asked their opinion for a good site to get information from regarding laws and firearms and I love this one so far. I own three firearms tend to add to that and I like to get peoples ideas and experiences. Don't rule me out because I'm a girl. I've already gotten the opinion that some do but oh well.

Walkalong
September 3, 2007, 03:07 PM
since I can't own a handgun, thanks to a San Francisco law, what would you suggest for home defense?
Is moving an option?
Don't rule me out because I'm a girl.
Not me, a shooters a shooter, some just look better than others. There are several women who shoot IDPA at the club I go to. I have watched a couple of shoots. Looks fun. I gotta get up the .... um.. nerve to try it. :)

Gunbabe
September 3, 2007, 03:16 PM
I wish more people thought like you Walkalong but I get the feeling from a few that I am invading man territory. I really think that is unfair. I too have a family and my husband and I are both armed. Sometimes he is gone all night hunting or leaves extremely early in the morning and I refuse to leave our safety up to the police. I can do what I need to before dispatch would even get the call out.

W.E.G.
September 3, 2007, 03:18 PM
Well, I am a female and I was given this site by someone I trust and value their opinion very much. I asked their opinion for a good site to get information from regarding laws and firearms and I love this one so far. I own three firearms tend to add to that and I like to get peoples ideas and experiences. Don't rule me out because I'm a girl. I've already gotten the opinion that some do but oh well.

We're here for ya.

Just holler.

We're just having a go at Socrates.

Gunbabe
September 3, 2007, 03:22 PM
Oh right. You mean the gay one. Haha. Thanks W.E.G. Oh and I posted more than once so I guess that makes me good too.

Picknlittle
September 3, 2007, 03:31 PM
Hi: I'm gay, and my lover just left me. I think I need a gun to protect my 4 children

So your saying your "happy" your lover left AND you need a gun? :)

Cool!:evil:

Canuck-IL
September 3, 2007, 03:47 PM
They seem to devolve into discussions that pit forum members against each other, cost us solidarity, and, cost us members.
Your tin foil hat is on a little too tight.
/Bryan

BlindJustice
September 3, 2007, 03:48 PM
Let's see....

Socrates in SF no handguns

How about the 1927A1 Auto Ordnance
in .45 ACP with the detachable stock mag
capacity from 20, 50 to 100

oh, and welcome GunBabe

Gunbabe
September 3, 2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks BlindJustice!

Socrates
September 3, 2007, 04:38 PM
Blindjustice thanks, but, at this point, we got lucky, and a great Judge got the case, Judge Warren, and, he overturned the law, at least for now.

You know Kali doesn't allow anything that looks like you can get a grip on it. I just don't understand, but, I guess it's all those people from Mexico that have come in and live here now, along with the asians(to all of you that think I'm being racist, I'm not: the two biggest voting blocks, who had to agree on the law to get it passed, are both about 30% each, asian, and, Hispanic, or is it Mexican American?) . In their countries, they can't own guns, so they are trying to make SF just like home. They even have a statutory rapist liberal-facist for a Mayor, so they really feel at home. He used to have a really pretty girlfriend, Kimberly Gilfoil. Guess once she turned 26 she was way too old for him.

We do have over 50 gangs, mainly named after these section 8 housing projects. Each street pretty much has a gang, and, they never seem to have problems. They just drive a while, and buy guns in the East Bay, or, just take BART(Bay Area Rapid Transit).

Would the 1927A1 Auto Ordnance be legal in our gay city, and happy state?

S esq.

PS What's a Concealed Carry Permit? Diane Fienstien has one. It should be easy for me then. We both have the same color hair.

What would be a good gun to carry, and, do they have purses I could use, or some other way so it doesn't get stolen?

When other girls post questions that need a little refinement, no one jumps on them here...Quit being mean...

BlindJustice
September 3, 2007, 05:51 PM
The 1927 A-1 is semi-auto only. One model has the
detachable stock, but they all have a 16.5 inch Bbl. to
classify them as a long gun. It also weighs about 12 lbs
so recoil isn't much of an issue.

I am not up on gun laws in the state of
Californication, but from what I heard I left my
carry revolver home when I camped in NE Calif.
about 10 days ago.

Barbara
September 3, 2007, 06:01 PM
I've read the original thread over on TFL and still don't get.

Who cares of newbies (to the net, or to guns) post questions? I'd hope that would be part of the mission of the site, not something to get all knotted up about? Even if they don't read the responses, odds are some other new person will.

We all need to make an effort to make sure our posts are worth reading, regardless of who the original poster is.

Autolycus
September 3, 2007, 06:02 PM
Wow. What a way to offend gay people and start a pointless thread.

Autolycus
September 3, 2007, 06:04 PM
Just for your information, not all gays are Liberals, and not all liberals are anti-gun.

Its things like this that make me sick. No wonder the gun culture is slowly devolving and has the words of xenophobic as well as homophobic attached to it often in the media. Was there a point at attacking gays, liberals, PETA, and others?

KI.W.
September 3, 2007, 06:09 PM
When I was reading all that... I think it is very fine to live in Finland. Kauko.:)

vega
September 3, 2007, 06:10 PM
along with the asians(to all of you that think I'm being racist, I'm not: the two biggest voting blocks, who had to agree on the law to get it passed, are both about 30% each, asian, ........ . In their countries, they can't own guns, so they are trying to make SF just like home.
Are you sure about that? Are you referring to all Asian countries?
You may not be a racist but at least get something straight.

ArfinGreebly
September 3, 2007, 08:37 PM
While I appreciate what I believe is the presumed intent of the OP, the thread a) starts rough, and b) starts in the wrong forum.

For the moment, I'm gonna lock this one.

The topic (recognizing trolling posts by bogus members) is certainly worthy of discussion.

Perhaps a fresh thread over in General Gun Discussions then?

I'll leave it up to Sven and P95Carry whether this thread stays locked.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hi: I'm gay, and my lover just left me. I think I need a gun to protect my 4 children" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!