Anyone use Sentry Solutions Lubes?

PDA

sloman
September 3, 2007, 04:20 PM
How come I hardly ever hear of anyone using Sentry Solutions Tuf-Glide on their guns? Does anyone use it? Pro's? Con's????:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone use Sentry Solutions Lubes?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnBT
September 3, 2007, 06:14 PM
"Pure mineral spirits carries the active ingredients and provides cleaning action. It quickly evaporates, and Sentry's proprietary ingredients bond to the surface. The bonding ensures long-lasting effectiveness, and reliable dirt free performance." - Sentry site

I never see it for sale, but I've heard that it works. I'm not real fond of using mineral spirits indoors, especially if I'm using enough to wipe down a few guns.

mineral spirits => "Toxicology -Eye, skin and respiratory irritant. Harmful if swallowed, causing vomiting, diarrhorea, drowsiness, and, in severe cases, pulmonary oedema. Harmful by inhalation. In high concentration may act as a narcotic. Degreaser. Harmful if splashed in the eyes. Typical OES 575 mg/m3 (8h TWA)" - some site I googled up

Fumbler
September 4, 2007, 08:55 AM
I use Tuf-Glide on my knives. It penetrates well and leaves a slick film that doesn't attract dirt.

I do not use it on my guns because the lube doesn't work as well as plain gun oil (I favor Breakfree CLP).
I've put some Tuf-Glide on my Sig 228 and after 50 rounds it felt like I was shooting it without any lube.
Cycling the action, it felt like I had cleaned the rails with alcohol and reassembled dry.
I don't know if it hurts the gun, but I'm not taking chances.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone use Sentry Solutions Lubes?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!