Has Steyr gone out of business???

PDA

Greg8098
September 5, 2007, 09:37 PM
Anybody bought a new Steyr lately??? I heard some time ago that they where either out, or going out of business. Anybody know for sure?

If you enjoyed reading about "Has Steyr gone out of business???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
fletcher
September 5, 2007, 09:38 PM
They look to be alive and kicking to me:
http://www.steyr-mannlicher.com/

Mot45acp
September 5, 2007, 09:56 PM
My biggest gun sold/trade regret was Steyr S9. Best compact 9mm EVER. Better trigger/ergos than a Glock.

Once I got used to the sights I became more accurate with it than all my others (including full size). The hidden saftey inside the trigger guard was awesome. I felt comfortable enough that if someone got it away from me they would have some difficulty finding the safety.

I could go on and on about the praises and how much I miss that lil 9mm

CWL
September 5, 2007, 10:10 PM
Better trigger/ergos than a Glock

While I've never owned any Steyrs, I've owned many Glock pistols. Better trigger/ergo than a Glock isn't saying much for the Steyr...

Ala Dan
September 5, 2007, 10:52 PM
Steyr's owner reportedly has (or had?) terminal cancer; and they can't keep
a U.S. distributor. :eek: We sell Steyr rifles, and believe me they are some
of the best bolt-actions rifles made; with their cold steel forgeings. Lately,
they have been creeping up in price, and hard to get from the manufactuer.

denfoote
September 6, 2007, 10:36 PM
and they can't keep
a U.S. distributor.

Dan,
Any idea why??
It seems to me that it should not be a problem with all the gun related companies we have here!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Has Steyr gone out of business???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!