Model 10 problem, need ideas

PDA

dasmi
September 6, 2007, 10:59 PM
My 2 inch model 10, actually it's pre-model 10, but I digress, is locked up tight. The trigger only pulls about a third of the way, and the cylinder will not open. Any thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 10 problem, need ideas" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Brian Williams
September 6, 2007, 11:03 PM
Check the ejector rod, has it unscrewed?

If that does not work, remove the grips and take off the sideplate and see what might be jammed up.

GunTech
September 6, 2007, 11:07 PM
Make sure you know how to remove the sideplate correctly, and use gun screwdrivers.

I agree, it's probably an unscrewed ejector rod. Can you pull the hammer back far enough to be able to turn the cylinder?

dasmi
September 6, 2007, 11:45 PM
Unscrewed ejector rod. Thanks guys, I should have thought of that.

GunTech
September 6, 2007, 11:55 PM
Use a little blue loctite (not red), i.e. the low strength. That should cure the problem.

dogrunner
September 7, 2007, 12:03 AM
that cyl rod screws COUNTER clockwise...!

Deanimator
September 8, 2007, 12:24 PM
Unscrewed ejector rod. Thanks guys, I should have thought of that.
That's an EXTREMELY common problem.

Every year my club has a summer double-action revolver league. The first night I shot in it, there must have been at least five guns that got tied up because the rods unscrewed.

Brian Williams
September 8, 2007, 02:51 PM
But the older rods were counter clockwise

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 10 problem, need ideas" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!