grip piece for Smith K frame


September 7, 2007, 01:20 AM
Hey all.

I have a nice blued, round-butt K frame Smith, but it doesn't QUITE fit my hand. With Pachmayer presentation grips on it, it doesn't really fit my palm. with standard scales on her, it doesn't feel right round 'bout my fingers...

I've seen a lil' add-on piece on some of y'all's wheelguns, that attaches to the frontstrap, giving a bit fuller grip. Can SOMEBODY tell me where I can find these critters?

If you enjoyed reading about "grip piece for Smith K frame" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
September 7, 2007, 01:23 AM
I think you are refering to this:

September 7, 2007, 01:33 AM
Yep. As creature said, I would have to assume you're talking about t-grips. I would give sort of a mixed review on them. It does full out the grip a little bit, but before getting one I always assumed it was.. wider I suppose. Instead it's somewhat thin for my liking, toward the bottom it's just slightly wider then the grip frame. It makes it feel a bit strange.

September 7, 2007, 01:47 AM
A better option in a lot of S&W users opinion is the Pachmayr Professional Compac grip.
It's about as small as a grip can be, but still offers an excellent grip.
I have them on both my 2 1/2" and rare 3" S&W Model 66 revolvers:

Another option is the hard plastic grip offered by Precision Gun Specialties.
This is the grip Wilson Combat used on the famous custom Model 66 revolver they offered in the 1990's.

It's very similar to the famous Ahrends wood grips, but a LOT cheaper.

September 7, 2007, 02:05 AM
the T-Grip is what I was thinking of, all right.

right now, she has (blush) pearl grips: I wanted something smooth, and they were cheap. I plan on using her as the piece in my Coranado vest, so the smooth feel is REALLY helpful. But I need the space at the frontstrap taken up...

Thanks loads, guys1

September 7, 2007, 03:12 AM
Like Dfaris I'm a fan of the Pachmayr Compac Pros. Pachmayr made a smooth front grip gapper much like the Tyler T back in the day. The Compac Pros give almost identical height & front to back dimensions as the Pachmayr Gapper / Tyler-T with wood Magna grip combo, but do so in a thinner one piece grip. They also take the abuse of carry so your nice grips don't get worn. They're a whole level different than the comparatively huge presentation grips.

September 7, 2007, 04:25 AM
Ok, I mispoke a bit: the Pachs I've got are Presentation /Compacs. And like I said: they just don't fill the palm of my hand satisfactorily...

Cocked & Locked
September 7, 2007, 08:40 AM
Tyler T-grip Gun... :cool:

September 7, 2007, 09:56 AM
I want to try that on mine, when I get the set of magnas a buddy has.

Thaddeus Jones
September 7, 2007, 10:15 AM
I've got a Hogue rubber Bantam grip on my 2.5" model 66-2. It feels great, and dosen't snag on my covering garment. They are relatively inexpensive too.

Brian Williams
September 7, 2007, 10:26 AM
Brownell's has real cheap Nylon grips that Stephan A. camp recommends highly, I have not tried them as I like the T grip and magnas.

I also have a set of Hogue bantams on my 65 and really like them.

September 7, 2007, 06:16 PM
I also like Hogue Bantam grips and have them on my S&W 66 snubby. They cost about $14 and don't require a grip screw. The bantam gives a place for the little finger in front but is the same length as the frame in the back.

If you enjoyed reading about "grip piece for Smith K frame" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!