for the price?

walther p22 200 rds through her

2 magazines

case

lock

firearm is in beautiful condition well maintained

2 sights

would i be dumb to pass this up?

If you enjoyed reading about "Should i add this to my collection?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Flame Red
September 7, 2007, 05:36 PM
My brother-in-law just bought one NIB. Nice little package. Very small and shoot accurate. You have got to like the plastic guns.

His is a jam-o-matic. Can't get a whole mag thru it without at least one jam.

I would pass.

HM2PAC
September 7, 2007, 05:47 PM
I would pass it up. There are too many Ruger Mk II's, S&W 22A's, Buckmarks, High-Powers that you can find used. Used P-22's have a poor reputation.

Why buy someone else's headache?

DMZ
September 7, 2007, 05:51 PM
When I bought my P22, I found this forum that was very helpful:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48

Lurk around at bit before you make your decision.

I still have mine and have shot about 8 bricks through it without many problems.

birdv
September 7, 2007, 05:51 PM
Crazy People. Buy the P22!
"jam-o-matic" is people that don't know what their doing.

kermit315
September 7, 2007, 07:23 PM
we have one with almost 500 rounds through it and have only had one fail to fire, and it was dented real good on the rim, so i blame the ammo (federal bulk pack , 9.88 at walmart)

my wife picked it out, it is really hers. she loves it, and i dont mind picking it up and running some rounds through it at the range between mags with the 9mm.

thats not a bad price for it, go for it i say. if you dont like it, you can always use it as trading fodder towards something else.

Jamie

David S
September 7, 2007, 07:30 PM
get it or ill buy it from you!

HM2PAC
September 7, 2007, 09:28 PM
Why even contemplate a tool that gets mixed reviews?

There are plenty of 22's that have no problems. Why gamble $200 of your hard earned cash?

Spend another $100 on a Ruger and be done with it.

tnieto2004
September 7, 2007, 10:20 PM
You can get a NEW S&W 22A for that price .. I love the 22A .. Thats after about 3000+ rounds without a hiccup

Schwebel
September 8, 2007, 03:29 AM
They are picky on ammo. My brothers jammed a ton, until he started shooting CCI mini-mags. They are a cool little gun to have. If you want something accurate at distance, look elsewhere. There are plenty of .22's in the $200-$300 price range you might end up being happier with. I personally love my Beretta Neos,...outshoots my bro's p22 anyday of the week and never jams. However if you buy it and don't like it, you probally won't lose that much money on it if you go to sell it, seems like a fair price.

Monkeybear
September 8, 2007, 05:08 AM
Nice price. I got one for my fiance. Its the only gun she enjoys shooting. That makes it worth it for me. Other than that, it jams. Most fans of the P22 in my experience either have one they claim will shoot anything (rare), or claim that its perfectly acceptable to have a gun that only reliably cycles on a good day and only with certain few kinds of ammo.

Get one if-

You have other .22lr handguns.

You just want to buy something.

You have particularly small hands.

You have no other productive uses for the $200.

You just have to have one.

Have a loose definition of "reliable".

Don't get one if-

It will be your only .22lr handgun.

FTF/FTE frustrate you.

You don't have a special need that only the P22 addresses.

You have other things you can do with the money.

FieroCDSP
September 8, 2007, 07:50 AM
FWIW, I've found that mine only likes plated or copper dusted(Remington Golden Bullets) rounds. Plain lead nose jams all the time. MOst of the feed problems can be solved with some polishing compound and a dremel.

kgriggs8@yahoo.com
September 8, 2007, 11:01 AM
I was at the range last week and I saw another P-22 that kept jamming. It seems as if every time I see someone with a Walther P-22, it is jamming on them. That is what has kept me from buying one. When everyone you actually see in use, is a jam-o-matic, it scares you off.

Looks like a neat little pistol but there is no way I can buy one until I see one that works in person.

I had enough trouble with my Ruger MKII to get it reliable, I am not going through the same thing with a Walther.

kermit315
September 8, 2007, 01:12 PM
I have already chimed in on this, but i am back. Monkeybear hit it on the head. My wife picked ours out and bought it just for her to shoot. I warned her that it might jam, and some of the other things i have heard, but she didnt care, she liked it because it fit her hand better than the ruger, or anything else in the case. That makes it worth it for me.

also, as i said, we have almost 500 rounds of federal bulk pack through it with only one fail to fire, and i blame the ammo for that. it has been to the range twice and i cleaned it right after i bought it and between the range trips. its not the most accurate in the world, but it is a fun plinker at least as far as we have gotten with it.

JMO

Jamie

Mr.Revolverguy
September 8, 2007, 01:23 PM
I have only put federal bulk box through mine and no jams. My daughter has had a great time with it and so have I. I am on my second bulk box and no ftf yet. But I do keep all of my weapons very clean. hoopes#9 and Kroil after every range visit.

dispatch
September 8, 2007, 04:02 PM
Have one and enjoy it. It's not a defense gun, but a lot of fun plinking. They are picky on ammo. Fortunately mine loves Remongton Golden Bullets. My P22 is a keeper.

Chem Geek
September 10, 2007, 12:02 PM
Mine's been great, I have over 4k through it. Very few failures that can't be attributed to the bulk ammo it eats. Mine has shot everything I've fed it so far, including 3 kinds of bulk ammo. I'd say buy it. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Should i add this to my collection?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!