Looking for Pinhole shooting glasses

PDA

mugsie
September 7, 2007, 04:50 PM
After cataract surgery I am having difficult in focusing on my front sights even with corrective lenses. I know pinhole glasses work becuase I made a crude pair and the improvement was phenominal (I did look strange with cardboard draped over the lens however, but at least everything was in focus). So, what do you people recommend? Any manufacturers you would recommend over the other? Thanks for the help....:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for Pinhole shooting glasses" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SDC
September 7, 2007, 04:56 PM
It sounds like you need a Merit Optical Attachment: http://www.meritcorporation.com/products.html These attach to your shooting glasses with a suction cup, and you can adjust the size of the aperture to find the best setting for you. Hope this helps.

CDignition
September 7, 2007, 05:37 PM
I used to have a flip down Iris, it would attach to your glasses, and flip up or down(kinda like your Sun visors in your car) It had a adjustable Iris(like a 35MM camera ).. it was pretty darn effective.

Bullet Bob
September 7, 2007, 09:50 PM
Plus one on the Merit device; I've had one for years now, and it's a quality piece of kit - also very effective.

jpcampbell
September 8, 2007, 01:12 AM
I had the same problem after cataract surgerym, the Merit device made a great difference, but I was still having a problem with my off hand eye when I got a Eyeblind for it, I think I shot better now then before. www.eyeblindllc.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for Pinhole shooting glasses" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!