Not working out

PDA

chipperi
September 7, 2007, 05:01 PM
Well I had planned to buy a crap load of leather stuff with money from the sale of my screen printing stuff on E-Bay...no bids and I'm not going any lower.

Therefore I am going to make a run at making some T-shirts to make some extra cash. I was looking at some of the funny signature lines and other sayings in here and made some examples (http://www.chipperi.com/THR.htm)

If any one here wants some funny shirts or the such drop me a line. If I can get a couple of decent size orders together that say the same thing I will gladly print them up.

My biggest problem is I have 1 screen So reclaiming the screen over and over to make 1 or 2 of every saying isnt cost effective but the 1 screen making a couple dozen of the same shirts is.

I really want to do leather work not silk screening so every little bit helps.

If you enjoyed reading about "Not working out" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
230RN
September 7, 2007, 05:22 PM
Is it just me, or are the samples very hard to read?

Anything with a red or dark blue background is close to illegible.

chipperi
September 7, 2007, 05:47 PM
sorry I did them rather quickly in Illustrator they are links and open larger images.

ArfinGreebly
September 7, 2007, 05:50 PM
Are you thinking small quantity, custom prints?

Larger quantity runs?

(BTW, your color scheme needs work, and in the first image than should be then, and you might want to drop the political invocation at the end.)

Also, if you're thinking of using the name of this forum "THR" you'll want to run that by Oleg Volk first, since he holds the copyrights for The High Road.

The concept is good, especially if you can let people select their own favorite slogan.

kungfuhippie
September 7, 2007, 05:58 PM
Depending on price and what we can have it say and if I can get a 3x-tall. I'd buy one. But I really don't want a red shirt.
With silk screening I bet you want to create one design and run as many shirts as the screen will handle. I say get a collection of sayings, do a poll on which one to do, and then see if a group buy can't be arranged.

vynx
September 7, 2007, 06:23 PM
Molon Labe is a popular phrase - maybe you could use greek letters to spell it.

chipperi
September 7, 2007, 06:26 PM
I can do what ever color shirt you like. I only have 1 screen so what would be best for me is to have runs of 12 or more instead of printing 1 of this...reclaiming the screen and that doing 1 of that , reclaiming the screen and doing 1 of the other. It is alot more cost effective to do 12 or more of the same before moving to the next. I will go into illistrator and take out the backgrounds.

chipperi
September 7, 2007, 07:06 PM
FIXED sorry guys now you can see them.

vynx...If someone would show me how to type greek letters like that I would love to do that. Maybe it is in a font I can download.

kungfuhippie
September 7, 2007, 07:19 PM
In Word you would go to the pull down menu "Insert" and select "symbols" look through there and you might already have the font.

If you enjoyed reading about "Not working out" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!