Mid Range Long Range Scope?

PDA

browningguy
September 7, 2007, 07:22 PM
I'm getting ready to buy a new scope for a .300 Mag I just built and amconsidering the following mid-price scopes all with illuminated reticles:

Burris Euro Diamond 2.5-10x50, 3-12x50
Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5-10x50
Meopta 2100 3-12x50

My wants are from 10-14.5x magnification on the high end, illuminated reticle, max price of $650. Pricewise the Elite 4200 is the cheapest by $100, the Burris's both in the middle, and the Meopta the most expensive by $100, $200 over the 4200.

I've been completely satisfied with my Burris FFII's in 3-9x40 so my fall back will be a FFII in 4.5-14. I'm thinking it might be worth the extra money though to get better glass in higher magnification scopes so would appreciate any input.

I asked on another forum I frequent, but the responses were buy a S&B or Nightforce for $1k more, that won't happen, so if you have any experience with these particular scopes I'd really appreciate the feedback.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mid Range Long Range Scope?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Mid Range Long Range Scope?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!