Man buys house, finds gold mine.

PDA

Merc41
September 9, 2007, 09:58 AM
You would know that a MORON would find this gold mine. Click on the link and have a look for yourselves. Don't forget to read what he is going to do with this stuff.

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/politics-lounge/8606820-1.html

I will now be sick.

If you enjoyed reading about "Man buys house, finds gold mine." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RLsnow
September 9, 2007, 10:02 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*starts swearing loudly in norwegian*

Silvanus
September 9, 2007, 10:03 AM
Thank God they are off the streets and now pose no harm to the children.

What a ****ing moron. At least he could sell them and make a fortune.

Tim Burke
September 9, 2007, 10:06 AM
This is the second time recently that I've heard a version of this story. First time was here. (http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=180796) I suspect someone may be trying to start an urban legend.

Cannonball888
September 9, 2007, 10:06 AM
Thank God they are off the streets and now pose no harm to the children
Does this guy think he's some kind of hero or something?
:barf:

RLsnow
September 9, 2007, 10:10 AM
i bet the previous owner of that house (and the guns) is rolling and twisting in his grave, trying to get out and strangle the dude...

its just such a waste. if you look downwards someone said "at least sell them to collectors" and he said "i dont want to sell them, i just want them gone!"

MIL-DOT
September 9, 2007, 10:11 AM
i'm kinda skeptical. the whole "Thank God they are off the streets and now pose no harm to the children. I plan to turn them over to local law enforcement where they will hopefully be destroyed." thing sounded to me like someone yanking the chain of folks like us. or maybe something deep inside me REFUSES to accept that a tragedy such as this could ever take place in a "civilized" world. :uhoh:

PAshooter
September 9, 2007, 10:11 AM
I'm going to be ill now.

I started reading the comments and just kept feeling sicker. What a bunch of... (decided not to post a definitely non-high-road comment).

Seriously, as one poster commented, the bulk of the replies are from seriously ill-informed people with big-time issues. It's frightening that there are so many folks like this out there.

Sheesh!

Dan0076
September 9, 2007, 10:18 AM
Guys, the person who posted that there posted it as a joke. The poster also posts on another gun forum and posted the same picture and the same theme. Then after the picture he posted that it was a joke.

Sniper4Life
September 9, 2007, 10:20 AM
Yea. One of the comments said "Arnt Machine gun bullets Illegal"

Wow..... this is shocking.

So many uninformed people...

But that is one beatiful collection. All the weapons look new and rarely fired. If ever fired.

hankdatank1362
September 9, 2007, 10:25 AM
I'm calling BS. Just something about it doesn't seem right. I don't see this happening, esp. with the newer style weapons, like the M4geries, etc. I could see stumbling across a safe with a couple old bolt actions or mil-surps, but this is not close.

what CANNOT be faked, and is even more sickening, are the responses to the story posted at the bottom of the page. "Call the Brady Campaign" and "aren't machinegun bullets illegal?" and a bunch of other ignorant crap. :barf::barf::barf:

PAshooter
September 9, 2007, 10:35 AM
Guys, the person who posted that there posted it as a joke. The poster also posts on another gun forum and posted the same picture and the same theme. Then after the picture he posted that it was a joke.

Thank goodness! Still scary that some of the comments are probably genuine, but comforting that such a glorious collection didn't end up in the shredder.

Whew!

Doggy Daddy
September 9, 2007, 10:38 AM
The weapons all look like they were lovingly laid out for display. Not the kind of arrangement I would expect from a poster who considered themselves lucky that they didn't get hurt taking them out of the safe.

I think he's either tweaking the pro-gunners (not likely, since his collection leads me to think he's one of us) or he's drawing out the antis for some ridicule and taunting.

The Deer Hunter
September 9, 2007, 10:43 AM
Way to raise the dead....Now he is going to be chased by that old dude and his minions, with no guns to shoot them with :neener:

fletcher
September 9, 2007, 10:52 AM
Thank God they are off the streets
They were on the streets before?

Absolutely horrible. There are so many excellent firearms in that picture that will now rust away or be melted down.

Kimber1911_06238
September 9, 2007, 11:02 AM
SAVE THE GARAND!!!

Sounds like a bunch of anti-propaganda to me...

xjchief
September 9, 2007, 11:12 AM
Bah, I don't believe it for a second. :scrutiny:

PAshooter
September 9, 2007, 11:13 AM

Am I the only one who saw this above?

Isildur
September 9, 2007, 11:46 AM
What a ****ing moron. At least he could sell them and make a fortune.Exactly my thoughts.

SG Merc
September 9, 2007, 11:54 AM
In the future, before you let a story like this tickle you wrong just see if it's been featured by the media ( at least the local news of wherever it happened). These kind of events are always covered by the media, and a quick google news search shows nothing on this one.

Mannix
September 9, 2007, 11:59 AM
I call male bovine fecal matter on this one.

No ignorant anti would be able to come up with something that bad(As in able to make a gun enthusiast cry), plus he would have left them all in the safe in case they became possessed and started shooting babies.

Superpsy
September 9, 2007, 12:08 PM
My opinion....

I can't handle the story if it's true.

no_problem
September 9, 2007, 12:13 PM
Again with the "protect the children from gun owners" shtick!!!

pharmer
September 9, 2007, 12:32 PM
Gotta be BS intended to provoke the predictable response. Even the most rabid anti-gunner would realize he could probably pay off half the mortgage with those. Liberals are bigger greedy bastids than most conservatives. Joe

savetheclaypigeons
September 9, 2007, 01:03 PM
"The cops said I was lucky I wasn't hurt. (237 views)

Message: They said I should have never removed the guns from the safe. I think they were right. I'm lucky none of them went off and hurt someone. I don't care what the police do with them. I am just glad they are gone. "

LeafsFan
September 9, 2007, 01:04 PM
I hope that this is a fake story. Really. I'd be pissed off that I fell for it, but it's better than finding out this guy ordered them to be melted down or something. :banghead:

This reminds me, I just bought my house two years ago and I only looked up into the attic once during the open house.

I wonder if... [disappears for half an hour] Nope, nothing. Damn it. :p

Gunnerpalace
September 9, 2007, 01:15 PM
I am sure this is true another candidate for "idiot of the year" I can only hope against hope that there is some cop at the department who will rescue a few of these.

Geronimo45
September 9, 2007, 01:17 PM
It's a fake. Nobody carefully lines up guns like that when they're scared stiff of 'em. The ATF might...

Some of the comments are hillarious, though - not just the anti ones:

That gun on the top left looks like a Sig BRD. My uncle has one. It's a piece of crap and ammo is really hard to get. Not that the swiss can make a good gun to save their lives. Throw it in a lake.

Only thing the Swiss make good is their knives.

I wonder if the gang members will be back? I don't feel safe in my house anymore. I'm sleeping with the phone and 911 programmed into the speed dial.

Heh. Lots of drive-bys with Garands. And belt-fed weapons.

cnorman18
September 9, 2007, 01:32 PM
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
--Albert Einstein

And, whether we're talking about the bozo who allegedly found these weapons or the subsequent posters to that thread, here we surely have proof that Einstein was right.

Merc41
September 9, 2007, 01:36 PM
I surely hope this is a joke. I honestly could not believe there are actual people out there that ignorant. I wonder if all the responses are also fake? But, on the other hand, I could actually see a large quantity of people being that misinformed.

KiltedClaymore
September 9, 2007, 01:48 PM
if it is a fake, oh well. if its true, that man should be arrested for murder, cause i would have an anurizm.

jungleroy
September 9, 2007, 02:35 PM
What on earth did the guy expect to find in a big Safe in the basement?
Bodies? I think he had to have some idea..
If he truly gave all those firearms up for destruction that would be really sad.
The mere thought of any person being so wastefull with those beautiful tools makes my stomach turn.
I hope that if it is a joke of some sort that it will be removed from the internet.

hardhit777
September 9, 2007, 02:39 PM
This wasn't DasBoot, from TFL was it? :p

HH

Bazooka Joe71
September 9, 2007, 02:42 PM

Jeez, I wish people would quit upseting me like this. I was just about to be sick when you saved me.

Pigspitter
September 9, 2007, 03:15 PM
A little bit of me died inside when I heard that he was going to get them destroyed. Acctually a lot of me died.

Baba Louie
September 9, 2007, 03:17 PM
MUAHAHAHAHA!

Some people's kids have a warped (but funny) sense of humor.

Suhweeeet collection, neh?

Trebor
I call BS. The wording is almost exactly the same as that infamous "collector cars found in barn" hoax that was making the rounds recently.

I agree this is someone's idea of a joke and too many suckers are biting.

Pigspitter
correction it has to be fake, look at the ak in the bottom left, it doesn't have a charging handle.

grampster
September 9, 2007, 03:23 PM
Heh, heh, heh. Musta been a very very large safe.

Marlin 45 carbine
September 9, 2007, 03:27 PM
around 15 years back a couple fellas I know that are metal detector fans (and bigger fans of beer drinking) had a chance to take down an old house in Hendersonville, NC next town from where I live but lollygagged around until the owner got someone else to do it. the fellas that did it found mason jars full of silver and few gold coins and silver certificate money in the walls. a misers hoard that was worth mucho $$. they moped around for weeks after the find was published kicking themselves in the ass. these are ol' country boys with no full-time jobs, should have seen 'em, I still chuckle about that, how they acted and looked.

nwilliams
September 9, 2007, 03:36 PM
I'm sick to my stomach and on the verge of tears.........Even if the story is not true, the thought of that collection being destroyed is bad enough.

I'm sorry I need to go be with my guns right now:mad:

vim
September 9, 2007, 03:47 PM
It's a prank.

Check the General Discussion forum thread at www.ar15.com for the full story.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=616517

Glockfan.45
September 9, 2007, 04:58 PM
My God I cant belive how easy some of you are fooled. I spotted the story as BS the minute I saw the picture. Do you think that a flaming liberal "its for the children" anti would have laid out all of those guns so neatly for a picture?

JP from Phoenix
September 9, 2007, 05:05 PM
Man if I was that lucky to come up on a cashe of guns like that I'd keep the choice stuff and sell and trade the rest. Either this guy is really dumb, a liar or doesnt know what he has or all 3

Average Joe
September 9, 2007, 05:11 PM
Don't believe it for a second...

Euclidean
September 9, 2007, 05:17 PM
Okay I have to admit, that's a great practical joke.

SoCalShooter
September 9, 2007, 05:20 PM
I honestly just cried. After seeing and reading this.

USMC6177
September 9, 2007, 07:02 PM
LINK (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=616390)

I ended up being the winning bidder of a house that was auctioned off when the old guy that owned it died. He had no relatives. There is a rather large old safe in the basement of the house that no one knew the combination to. The safe went with the house. After purchasing the house, I had a lock-smith open the safe. This is what I found.

Just joking. I had a few guns out cleaning them up today and thought I'd snap a picture

Thats the real post minus the picture

Avenger29
September 9, 2007, 07:03 PM
That gun on the top left looks like a Sig BRD. My uncle has one. It's a piece of crap and ammo is really hard to get. Not that the swiss can make a good gun to save their lives. Throw it in a lake.
Only thing the Swiss make good is their knives.

Oh, I guess that the K31 is a POS, too, in that case.

strambo
September 9, 2007, 07:14 PM
The Swiss make crappy watches too...no wonder intricate firearms are beyond them!:uhoh::D

f4t9r
September 9, 2007, 07:22 PM
I have the dream of finding guns like that !!!!!!

Hardtarget
September 9, 2007, 07:33 PM
I bet its a real firearm "gunny" type person just having fun with the brady bunch. There are too many new style weapons there for it to have been a very old mans collection. There is a strange aroma coming from my computer.

Mark.

Working Man
September 9, 2007, 07:44 PM
Just joking. I had a few guns out cleaning them up today and thought I'd snap a picture.

My heart started beating again.

ssfeldjager
September 9, 2007, 08:43 PM
Total BS.

highfive
September 9, 2007, 08:54 PM
If this is true...... I can't believe this guy....I think I'm getting sick

esmith
September 9, 2007, 09:01 PM
I plan to turn them over to local law enforcement where they will hopefully be destroyed.

What a f****** idiot. I would seriously beat the living hell out of that guy if i ever found him.

PAshooter
September 9, 2007, 09:08 PM
What a f****** idiot. I would seriously beat the living hell out of that guy if i ever found him.

It's a joke.

It's a joke.

C'mon people, It's a joke.

And, yeah, I'd beat the living hell outta the idiot that would willfully destroy such a fabulous collection too. but...

It's a joke.

Pigspitter
September 9, 2007, 09:10 PM
i don't care if its a joke, I just want to know where the charging handle on that AK is? I can't find it.

PAshooter
September 9, 2007, 09:13 PM
I just want to know where the charging handle on that AK is? I can't find it.

After the previous mention of this subject I went back and looked... I think it may be there. Looks to me like the bolt carrier is black, and I can kinda sorta imagine that the charging handle is there, just hard to see in the pic.

Of course I could be wrong... not like that's ever happened before.

If you enjoyed reading about "Man buys house, finds gold mine." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!