Talk about dangerous gun handling in movies!

PDA

cool45auto
July 7, 2003, 08:25 PM
Caught the rerun of "Independence Day" last night. I had forgotten about the scene where Jeff Goldbloom (sp?) asks the army guy to shoot at the can on the ship to see if he can it hit thru the force field. He shoots (with a Beretta I might add :D ), hits the force field and you can hear the bullet ricocheting around while everyone ducks!:eek:

Then Jeff removes the the force field and asks the guy to shoot again at the ship and he does!:rolleyes: What'll they think of next?

If you enjoyed reading about "Talk about dangerous gun handling in movies!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zedicus
July 7, 2003, 08:28 PM
heh, or like when James bond or the like fire a 45 one handed and mraculously hits a target 500 yards away, & seems to have a 'bottomless' magazine....Gotta Love Hollywood's Mistakes! :D

JDSlack
July 7, 2003, 08:52 PM
NOPE, the best was 007 shooting down a heliocopter with an AR-7 in "From Russia,With Love".

Lone_Gunman
July 7, 2003, 08:56 PM
You know these things are called movies not documentaries.

You may notice many unrealistic things in movies, if you pay attention.

Zedicus
July 7, 2003, 09:22 PM
true, but even games are currently paying more attention to these minor details than Hollywood....

MarkDido
July 7, 2003, 09:47 PM
Hollyweird makes movies.....

Michael Moore makes documentaries!

:)

Skunkabilly
July 7, 2003, 09:54 PM
Independence day is pretty unrealistic. I mean, of all things, an Apple is compatible with the big mean alien spaceship? :D

Razor
July 8, 2003, 12:23 AM
NOPE, the best was 007 shooting down a heliocopter with an AR-7 in "From Russia,With Love".

To be fair, didn't Bond shoot the passenger, which caused him to drop a live grenade in the helicopter? 'Course, its been like 10 years since I've seen the movie, so I could be wrong. :confused:

winstonsmith
July 8, 2003, 12:35 AM
Hey, in independence day there was some worse gun handling. When Will Smith "clears" security around area 51 the soldiers guarding it are pointing there mp5's at him, fingers on trigger. AFTER HE CLEARS IT. It's absurd.

But yes, it's just a movie. You complain about how they don' t handle their guns right, but you don't mind THAT THERE ARE FRIGGIN ALIENS! GOING AROUND! WITH PLASMA WEAPONS!

If you choose to suspend disbelief, then suspend it fully.

cool45auto
July 8, 2003, 12:57 AM
I mean, of all things, an Apple is compatible with the big mean alien spaceship?

:D :D :D

If you choose to suspend disbelief, then suspend it fully

Amen.

HBK
July 8, 2003, 01:39 AM
The latest James Bond movie, I noticed Bond pointing his gun at people and gesturing with his finger on the trigger. I give him a pass, though, cause he's...007...James Bond...he doesn't make mistakes. Besides, it is just a movie.:cool:

clange
July 8, 2003, 03:51 AM
If you choose to suspend disbelief, then suspend it fully.
Sorry, but real stuff should be realistic. The sci-fi can be whatever they want, cause its not real. However, its annoying when will smiths character, the fighter pilot, jumps in the huey to go fly to another base. Its not the martix, 'download flight program for a huey' wont work. Who knows though, maybe he flew them before the military, but i'm betting on the director betting that people think any pilot can fly anything (which explains why i didnt even think of it right away).

All that aside, i have the movie and it was pretty good. :p

Mute
July 8, 2003, 03:28 PM

Oops. Should read more carefully. Razor's correct. Bond shot the passenger who drops a live grenade inside the helo, blowing it up.

JeepDriver
July 8, 2003, 03:53 PM
I was watching Law & Order SVU, And watched the 2 detectives run up on their subjects with their Glocks drawn. The male detective had his finger off the trigger the entire time :D and the female was running right next to him with her finger in the trigger guard :uhoh:

I can't even watch cop shows with out picking out the safety violations, gun types and obvious procedure violations. It really annoys my wife too

ReadyontheRight
July 8, 2003, 03:53 PM
On a related note -- How about the old Superman tv series from the 1950s. Superman would take 6 shots from a revolver bouncing off his chest -- and then DUCK when the bad guy threw the gun at him.:confused: :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Talk about dangerous gun handling in movies!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!