Warm weather lubricants?

PDA

Noxx
September 10, 2007, 10:06 PM
I've taken a shine to Mobil 1 synthetic grease lately (that evil looking red stuff) and I'm pretty happy with it's performance.

What sort of oddities have you folks found useful in your experience?

If you enjoyed reading about "Warm weather lubricants?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gun Slinger
September 10, 2007, 10:16 PM
In the same vein as you, I use Mobil 1 Synthetic 20W50 for my pistols.

Tends to be a little easier to clean off after shooting as it doesn't retain as much gunk as a grease and remains there after thousands of rounds through my Glock.

G/S

JohnBT
September 11, 2007, 07:49 AM
TW-25B. Wipe a little on and wipe it off. It doesn't run, it doesn't stain and it doesn't collect dirt and dust. My first choice for pocket guns.

www.hostonline2001.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=milcomm&Product_Code=25151&Category_Code=weapons_lubricants

John

JohnBT
September 11, 2007, 07:59 AM
TW-25B. Wipe a little on and wipe it off. It doesn't run, it doesn't stain and it doesn't collect dirt and dust. My first choice for pocket guns.

www.hostonline2001.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=milcomm&Product_Code=25151&Category_Code=weapons_lubricants

John

P.S. - Here's part of an interesting list at www.sightm1911.com/lib/review/mil-comm_users.htm

Sauer & Sohn (Sigarms) Used in manufacturing and maintenance; recommended.

Glock Used to finish treat weapons in Factory Service.

Colt Used in manufacturing and service operations.
Smith & Wesson Recommended specifically for the Sigma Series.

Para-Ordnance Samples included with every new gun in the box.

Barrett Firearms Recommended and used in manufacturing.

Accuracy International Recommended and used in manufacturing.

Knight’s Armament Co.(KAC) Recommended and used in manufacturing.

Heckler & Koch Specified on the KAC silencer mount attachment.

Dillon Aero Recommended and used in manufacture of miniguns

Etc.

jeepmor
September 11, 2007, 08:02 AM
I use 15k mobil one in my car and have the evil red stuff in my jeep hubs. I think I'll give them a try. I did slather some ATF (auto tranny fluid, not federal agent booger snot :) ) on the moving parts of a poly pistol the other day and was pleased with the results. I do think Mobil One is a better choice though, but I read somewhere ATF is a great low viscosity high pressure lubricant by nature.

Noxx
September 11, 2007, 08:04 AM
That stuff looks prettyu interesting John,I may have to orderup some and give it a spin.

dhoomonyou
September 11, 2007, 08:35 AM
Eezox

Ken Rainey
September 12, 2007, 04:48 PM
I like synthetic motor oil (Amsoil) also...sometimes mixed with a little STP oil treatment depending on the application and the temp. As of late, I've been using ATF mixed with STP.

WuzYoungOnceToo
September 12, 2007, 05:09 PM
Warm weather lubricants?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've taken a shine to Mobil 1 synthetic grease lately (that evil looking red stuff) and I'm pretty happy with it's performance.

What sort of oddities have you folks found useful in your experience?
Hey, HEY....HEY!!!! I thought we were supposed to be talking about guns, and this was a family forum! I don't think this topic is.....

Oh, wait...you meant....

OK. Never mind.

benEzra
September 12, 2007, 08:03 PM
Mobil 1 motor oil, 10W30 or 20W50. Even the 10W30 is considerably thicker than Rem Oil and stays put a lot better.

HM2PAC
September 12, 2007, 08:09 PM
In the same vein as the Mobil 1, I use Valvoline Synthetic Grease. Rated from -40F to 400F. It stays where it should, doesn't run off, and it's $10 for the whole Lb.

Rustynuts
September 12, 2007, 08:52 PM
Get some real gun grease - TETRA!

Mad Magyar
September 14, 2007, 05:27 PM
Get some real gun grease - TETRA!
Not sure if that is a Wilson product...I tried Wilson's Combat Ultima-Lube and it stayed on all right: I needed a putty knife to take it off...It was terrible the way it hardened up.:scrutiny:
For now, I'm finishing up on RIG +P grease for my summer needs and am pleased with the results...
That Mobil 1 Synthetic grease sounds like a keeper also....:)

Clipper
September 14, 2007, 06:31 PM
50/50 kendall GT-1 30w & Dura-Lube. It bonds with metal parts and stays slick even when it feels dry.

If you enjoyed reading about "Warm weather lubricants?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!