Storage?

PDA

45Guy
September 10, 2007, 11:46 PM
What kind of storage do you use for your handguns?

I was thinking about roller drawer cabinets. That way you can store many different sizes & types of handguns in one cabinet.

Is this a good idea?

If you enjoyed reading about "Storage?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JoeHatley
September 11, 2007, 11:08 AM
As long as the cabinets you have in mind can be made secure and you are able to control moisture, they should work fine.

Good Luck...

Joe

Jorg Nysgerrig
September 11, 2007, 11:16 AM
As mentioned above, humidity might be a problem since you probably won't get much air flow around them.

The problem I see is that those cabinets are typically on wheels, so you might want to put it somewhere that is can't be rolled away easily. Likewise, even if you take the wheels off, thieves like to steal tools as much as guns and the locks on those sort of things aren't very secure.

BlindJustice
September 11, 2007, 02:04 PM
Cabela's "Bulletproof" Aluminum with steel latches and
locking bolt/padlock. THey are comparable to Pelican and are
dust and water resistant.

Long term - looking at vaults to put the cases inside of it.

CWL
September 11, 2007, 02:31 PM
If the drawers are not built into a safe or other extremely secure device/location, I think it is a bad idea. If you have enough firearms that you want to display them, then a safe should be in your plans.

Also, wooden cabinets will hold moisture at whatever humidity % your home has, so if you live in the south, be prepared for rust.

If you enjoyed reading about "Storage?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!