North Carolina restuarants CCW

PDA

phonesysphonesys
September 12, 2007, 12:24 PM
I am taking a trip to N,C. this week. Can you carry in a restuarant like Applebees or a Lone Star steak house? I read the restrictions but they weren't clear on that point. It sounded like they meant bars.

Thanks for any help.

Semper Fi

If you enjoyed reading about "North Carolina restuarants CCW" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bruce333
September 12, 2007, 12:27 PM
You can't carry if the restaurant serves alcohol.

rantingredneck
September 12, 2007, 01:07 PM
Yep, what he /\ said.

If alcohol is served and consumed on the premesis it is an automatic no carry zone. The whole restaurant is off limits, not just the bar area.

James T Thomas
September 12, 2007, 03:01 PM
I think the state of TX wisely repealed such restriction on it's citizens in concern for their safety and welfare, after the incident at the Luby's restaurant, in Killeen, TX.

Detritus
September 12, 2007, 03:34 PM
I think the state of TX wisely repealed such restriction on it's citizens in concern for their safety and welfare, after the incident at the Luby's restaurant, in Killeen, TX.

I was under the impression (but could be mistaken) that the Luby's attack resulted in texans being able to carry period... as in i've been lead to beleive that prior to then concealed carry (and open carry in public) was prohibited completely.

ah and yeah, the NC law is as stated that you can't carry where booze is served.
Frankly the last time i looked at the NC laws on this (I'm from there and intend to move back) i came to teh conclusion that for me at least that the only utility to getting a permit, was that like Texas having your permit/license lets you skip the NICS check.

rantingredneck
September 12, 2007, 04:15 PM
Actually, aside from the "where alcohol is served" restriction and the movie theater restriction (anywhere that charges admission) the NC statute is pretty good. While businesses can post themselves as "no carry" zones, not many around here (Burlington Area) do. I carry just about everywhere I go other than work.

If you enjoyed reading about "North Carolina restuarants CCW" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!