US Border Patrol Standard Issue

PDA

Aaryq
September 12, 2007, 01:46 PM
Howdy folks. I was thinking about joining the Border Patrol when I get out of the Corps (hopefully I can get AZ and leave my current state).
What do they carry and what do they have access to carry?

If you enjoyed reading about "US Border Patrol Standard Issue" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hrgrisso
September 12, 2007, 01:49 PM
I believe the standard is the Beretta 96D.
Optional:
SigP229DAK
HK P2000

and I think there is a S&W but danged if I know which one it is. We sell a lot of holster to BP in southern Arizona and those are the 3 models I get requests for.

Correia
September 12, 2007, 01:56 PM
I think they're now phasing out the Beretta. The winners of the big DHS contract were the Sig 226/229 and the HK with LEM.

Aaryq
September 12, 2007, 02:05 PM
What about Rifles/Shotguns/SMG's?

hrgrisso
September 12, 2007, 02:07 PM
Correia I thought so too based on that until I started talking with the officers coming through us for equipment. Most of them prefer the Beretta to shoot because the Sigs and HK's have very high trigger pulls.

I called BS on a few of them (friends and family members) and so we went shooting. I don't care for the DAK or LEM but they're not bad. I think the BP increased trigger # because they were horrible. Don't know why it's not uniform.

Anyway, the Beretta is still on the approved list and long story short I'm still selling a lot of holsters for them.

Long guns IIRC is an AR-15/M4 and a Remington 870. Outside of that I've heard of a few others but never seen or heard of anything issued.

Aaryq
September 12, 2007, 02:17 PM
Are these firearms issued or are you allowed to purchase your own?

Ala Dan
September 12, 2007, 02:25 PM
In talking with a Border Patrol agent just recently, I was informed that they
are indeed switching over to the H&K's with the LEM trigger. Seems like he
did say, that the model was the P2000; but honestly, I don't remember? ;)

dm1333
September 12, 2007, 07:52 PM
I was at a meeting today in a Border Patrol station and none of the agents were carrying the Beretta. Of course that doesn't mean it still isn't being issued. I wasn't looking real closely but it looked like most of them had Sigs but I could be wrong.

Spreadfire Arms
September 12, 2007, 10:04 PM
my friend just graduated from the Border Patrol academy a few days ago in Artesia, NM.

he said their issued pistol is a HK P2000. they are qualified on the M16, UMP .40, and the Remington 870 shotgun.

If you enjoyed reading about "US Border Patrol Standard Issue" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!