Is this ammo corrosive

PDA

esmith
September 13, 2007, 07:40 PM
I know theres been a lot of threads like this but i would like to know if the ammo i bought is corrosive or not.
The ammo looks exactly like the kind on this website, id put the headstamp down but i can't read it. http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinAmmo003.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "Is this ammo corrosive" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Average Joe
September 13, 2007, 07:43 PM
Yes ,that ammo is corrosive.

esmith
September 13, 2007, 10:25 PM
I found a round that had a good stamp. It says on the rim "b x n" then "85" below it. I dont know if that changes anything. The ammo that i posted doesn't have a stamp.

esmith
September 13, 2007, 10:46 PM
Alright i was looking at the ammo stuff on that website i posted earlier and the closest thing i found the had the "b x n" headstamp was czechloslovakian.

2RCO
September 13, 2007, 10:53 PM
If it's Milsurp always treat it like it's corrosive.

esmith
September 13, 2007, 10:54 PM
I know i was just curious as to what i was shooting.

Bazooka Joe71
September 14, 2007, 02:00 AM
I usually clean my rifles out ASAP after shooting milsurp....But that stuff is definately corrosive and has to be cleaning very soon after shooting.

Average Joe
September 14, 2007, 07:05 PM
Nothing wrong with corrosive ammo. Just flush out with water as soon as you get home. Dry out, and clean and lube as normal.

lencac
September 14, 2007, 08:12 PM
Yes, all Russian surplus 7.62x54R is corrosive. I find that after promptly cleaning as usual a last pass with Windex and then a dry patch seems to work rather well.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is this ammo corrosive" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!