humor

PDA

wingman
July 8, 2003, 11:38 AM
Man Tries to Rob Gun Shop with Toy Pistol
Jul 7, 9:28 am ET

PARIS (Reuters) - Armed with a toy pistol, a would-be robber picked himself an unlikely target in central Paris -- a gun shop.

Staff at the Armurerie Gare de l'Est in the French capital immediately identified the weapon as harmless. The 26-year-old Mauritanian was subsequently arrested, Le Parisien newspaper reported on Friday.

He was unlucky -- earlier this year a fake rocket launcher was successfully used in a break-out from a prison on the unruly Mediterranean island of Corsica.

A member of staff at the gun shop confirmed there had been a robbery attempt, but declined to give further details.

If you enjoyed reading about "humor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Apple a Day
July 8, 2003, 04:28 PM
"earlier this year a fake rocket launcher was successfully used in a break-out from a prison on the unruly Mediterranean island of Corsica."
Ohmygoodness! It's the RETURN OF NAPOLEON!!!:what:

sig970
July 8, 2003, 06:05 PM
LOL :D

brian0128
July 8, 2003, 07:59 PM
Gun shop owner had to be laughing at that attempt!:p

Standing Wolf
July 8, 2003, 08:26 PM
Never show up for an armed robbery without arms.

Hot brass
July 9, 2003, 12:25 AM
The French sell guns?

S_O_Laban
July 9, 2003, 01:59 AM
The French sell guns? Yes... and evidently "toy" guns also:D Did anyone notice the owner didn't shoot him, mighty frenchy if you ask me:D

itgoesboom
July 9, 2003, 02:27 AM
Well, this story puts a serious damper on my plan to take over France with a squirt gun.

Oh well, who would want to be neighbors with Germany anyways.

I.G.B.

Monte Harrison
July 9, 2003, 09:04 AM
Well, this story puts a serious damper on my plan to take over France with a squirt gun.A Super Soaker or two should do the job.
Of course the French usually wet themselves at the prospect of battle.

If you enjoyed reading about "humor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!