Accidental Discharge - Rosh Hashanah Services at Dallas synagogue

PDA

RustyHammer
September 13, 2007, 11:34 PM
Accidental gun discharge injures three at synagogue

Associated Press - September 13, 2007 1:25 PM ET

DALLAS (AP) - An 81-year-old man accidentally dropped a handgun during Rosh Hashanah services at Dallas synagogue.

That weapon shot his 42-year-old daughter in the foot and grazed two other people.

Police say Marvin Marks accidentally dropped the gun when he stood up at Temple Emanu-El last night.

Police said Marks was licensed to carry the gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Accidental Discharge - Rosh Hashanah Services at Dallas synagogue" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LAK Supply
September 14, 2007, 12:48 AM
Oops! :uhoh: :o

WeedWhacker
September 14, 2007, 05:46 AM
I'm guessing that the firearm in question wasn't a Glock...

The Unknown User
September 14, 2007, 06:16 AM
That must have been quite startling, especially just standing there, and taking a shot to the foot.

chipperi
September 14, 2007, 10:17 AM
now when they try to say "thats why civilians shouldn' t carry" we need to remind them of the DEA dumb ass that shot himself in the foot, or the Tn cop who left his gun in a bathroom stall causing a court evacuation. Point of the story "**** Happens"

davinci
September 14, 2007, 12:03 PM
chipperi: +1. the same story if a cable snapped and dropped a chandelier on the group, of if someone robbed the place.... stuff happens.

I haven't heard of many modern guns going off from being dropped. I'll start another thread on that topic.

El Tejon
September 14, 2007, 12:26 PM
How many want to bet that he was just carrying the weapon in his pocket as some mope in a gun shoppe told him that "it's all you need.":rolleyes:

Lesson learned for THR: buy a holster, no, a good holster, put the Uncle Mike's shlock back on the shelf, Moshe. Buy a custom holster AND a good belt.

Did I hear a request for THR's Rasta Narc? Yes, I did. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present Rasta Narc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj4yUpR1PB0

CountGlockula
September 14, 2007, 12:30 PM
81 year old hmmm....he probably had a relic WWII German soldier's Luger.

Why can't these news dudes I.D. the exact gun? Inquiring minds want to know.

Lonestar49
September 14, 2007, 01:17 PM

Having, and using, a thumb-strap comes to mind

LS

If you enjoyed reading about "Accidental Discharge - Rosh Hashanah Services at Dallas synagogue" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!