This is my rifle...

PDA

Ritchie
September 15, 2007, 07:22 PM
...in which I am well pleased. Built up using a stripped receiver obtained from a THR member :) , and
a Del-Ton kit for the rest. Heavy 16" barrel 1/9 twist, scope is an old Swift I found in a box and the
rings are see through type found in some of my Dad's stuff, probably intended for a Winchester
lever action. Factory ammo shoots into 2" or better with Winchester M855 better than most. Decent
handloads will do about as well. And...function has been *flawless* in about 200 rounds so far. Gun has
been lubed from the start with a moderate amount of Tetra grease. Basic gun and a removable carry
handle from Numrich (Gun Parts Corp) set me back $US650 raised by selling other stuff I didn't shoot
much anyway.

Oh, and tell the zombies they're blocked too.

If you enjoyed reading about "This is my rifle..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lamazza
September 15, 2007, 07:30 PM
...There are many like it, but this one is YOURS...
Looks good. Nice job.

.45Guy
September 15, 2007, 07:37 PM
You can't go wrong with an AR...

Onmilo
September 16, 2007, 01:08 AM
Nice rifle.
Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling knowing you did this yourself doesn't it?:)

browningguy
September 16, 2007, 01:09 AM
Very nice.

If you enjoyed reading about "This is my rifle..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!