Taurus .44Mag Revolver Worth it?

PDA

tsanford405
September 16, 2007, 02:10 AM
Is $300 +$20 shipping for a Taurus .44 Mag revolver worth it? It is a 8 3/8" barrel.... blued... "no wear except for the turn line on the cylinder"...

thanks!

($347 after ffl fees on my end after all said and done)

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus .44Mag Revolver Worth it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Action_Can_Do
September 16, 2007, 02:21 AM
A friend of mine has the stainless version of that gun. He really likes it, but I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

Guitargod1985
September 16, 2007, 02:28 AM
I'd go for it. I'm not sure which model that is, but my uncle had a Taurus 444 in .44 mag not too long ago. It's a great shooter, but I preferred his S&W 29 better. Of course, that's like comparing a Hyundai to a Mercedes, price-wise.

YosemiteSam357
September 16, 2007, 02:54 AM
I've got a 44SS4, which is the 4" stainless version of that gun, I believe. I paid just over $400 for it new two years ago, just to give you an idea.

I also have an older 669 (.357) blued 6", which is a real sweet shooter. The bluing is really well done, and it looks like this one has a similar finish.

It's too bad you don't have a chance to give it a checkout before buying. Of course it's your decision. If you want it, grab it. They're not getting any cheaper, that's for sure.

-- Sam

skud_dusty
September 16, 2007, 06:48 AM
I think I've got the same model, but in stainless. I traded a box stock Remington 870 for mine + $60.

In the end, I paid roughly $330 for it. It was barely used, maybe 25 rounds through it? I'm very happy with it. Very accurate and fun to shoot.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus .44Mag Revolver Worth it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!