Rotary Media Separator

PDA

NavArch
September 16, 2007, 05:57 PM
Oh, Happy Day!

I was at Cabella's, buying bullets, and also picked up a Cabella's rotary media separator. Theirs is made by Berry's.

A few rotations, and several hundred pistol cases had shed all the corn cob media. No more handwork or scattering corn cob bits all over the basement floor while trying to clear everything.

:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Rotary Media Separator" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sunray
September 16, 2007, 08:55 PM
A $1 plastic collander from a Dollar Store works too. No handwork or media scattered around either.

ranger335v
September 16, 2007, 09:29 PM
A $2 expanded wire waste paper basket from the Dollar Store office supply department works quite well too.

I stick my basket in a (clean) 5 gal plastic paint bucket and pour the tumber in, twist the basket a few times and lift out cleaned brass. Then I just snap the lid on and store the media in the paint bucket.

Starter52
September 16, 2007, 09:37 PM
+1, NavArch. I bought a rotary media separater six years ago. It works much faster and neater than a collander. I would recommend one for anyone who tumbles brass more than twice a week.

woodfiler
September 17, 2007, 07:27 AM
I bought a colander or spaghetti strainer, and a plastic bowl that fits under
it. I take the case cleaner and plastic above outside and dump corn cob
and shells into it. Pick up the strainer and give it several shakes.

Just so happens the lid for the case cleaner fits right on top of the strainer
give it several shakes and turn it over several times and your done.

wood

ReloaderFred
September 17, 2007, 12:17 PM
I've been using the Berry's case separator for several years and like it a lot. I've used many of the methods mentioned over the years and the Berry's is the best of the bunch. It takes up a little room, but it's worth it, in my estimation.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Bula
September 18, 2007, 12:00 PM
I just picked up the Cabelas media seperator, I was sure it was made by RCBS for Cabelas? Not that it makes a bit of difference I guess. But I like it. My only problem is that this thing is BIG. Definately worth the $20 investment.

ReloaderFred
September 18, 2007, 01:33 PM
Bula,

RCBS bought the mold for the separator from Berry's several years ago and made them in green for a couple of years. They then sold the mold back to Berry's and they're now made in blue. The one you have could possibly have been made by RCBS.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Noxx
September 18, 2007, 01:46 PM
+1 to the wire waste basket. Got one at wally world for 6.99, shake it in a 5gal depot bucket, badda bing, badda boom.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rotary Media Separator" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!