Tuning nagants triggers

PDA

rlk4421
September 17, 2007, 08:42 AM
I have just received my Nagant revolver from Centruy INtl in Florida. It appears NEW and I also got the 32ACP cylinder which fit right in the slot...howeevr if I use it my index finger will soon give out due to the 40lb + triger pulll required to touch it off ( Kidding about 40lb sbut not by much). Can these be tuned/modified/adjusted by any simple means to lighten up that HEAVY trigger pull? RONK

If you enjoyed reading about "Tuning nagants triggers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Threejs
September 17, 2007, 10:06 AM
I don't know of a way, but then again, I just shoot mine like it is a single action. Part of the problem is that not only does the trigger, move the hammer back, but pushes the cylinder forward. Makes for a heavy trigger.

Mark_from_Iowa
September 17, 2007, 12:38 PM
Some people have had success by using a small hex nut to preload the mainspring. However, I think that such a mod removes the double action capabilities. My Nagant must be an oddball, since the trigger is relatively light.

The source on the Nagant pistol is here:
http://old.gunboards.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=21

Catapultam habeo
September 17, 2007, 12:56 PM
Tough question, as the ancient knowledge of tuning nagants triggers was lost when the Library of Alexandria was torched down.

By my experience, M-N trigger is relatively easy to smoothen by reducing the friction between the trigger and the trigger spring. I have achieved pretty nice results by adding a thin plastic strip between them.

Try if you could find Teflon based bearing film (it is a kind of thin bronze mesh sealed in Teflon). I have a small piece of this material, donít ask me if itís available anymore, and it works like magic. Itís an old material sample and the salesman who gave it to me told me that itís used in car door hinges and other applications like that.

slzy
September 17, 2007, 02:27 PM
would get more response in revolver section,but not long ago shotgun news ran a feature article on gunsmithing this pistol.

DMK
September 17, 2007, 06:20 PM
How did this end up in the rifle section?

The Nagant is the pistol. The Mosin is the rifle. :banghead:

silverlance
September 17, 2007, 10:12 PM
Nagant and Mosin are two different people. The Mosin-Nagant was a collaboration. The 1895 nagant pistol was not - it was a belgian contract gun.

ps: the nagant pistol has a 23lb DA, 8lb SA.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tuning nagants triggers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!