Check out this Mosin.

PDA

50 Shooter
September 17, 2007, 12:02 PM
From practical to tactical or would that be tactical to tacti..... :p

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24428&page=2

If you enjoyed reading about "Check out this Mosin." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mark_from_Iowa
September 17, 2007, 01:40 PM
:rolleyes:

DiN_BLiX
September 17, 2007, 02:34 PM
monstrous.

MilsurpShooter
September 17, 2007, 02:35 PM
I'm all for the "your rifle, do what you want with it" but dang that just looks fugly

Nightcrawler
September 17, 2007, 02:36 PM
That's...that's a lot of money to spend customizing a $100.00 rifle.

Cosmoline
September 17, 2007, 02:46 PM
There's a name for a super-short Mosin I'm always forgetting. The partisans in East Europe used to use them as did the Russian mob. But isn't the one he's created there a Class III?

cwmcgu2
September 17, 2007, 02:46 PM
Uh.... i mean.... what the..... but..... well..... huh?
There just aren't words to describe it :what::eek::confused::barf:

Cosmoline
September 17, 2007, 02:54 PM
I think the breed is called "Obryez"

fletcher
September 17, 2007, 03:05 PM
Posting it here so others can see it without searching:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/MassMark/HPIM1590.jpg

My only thought is - lol?

Bazooka Joe71
September 17, 2007, 03:08 PM
Uh.... i mean.... what the..... but..... well..... huh?

I'll second that.

That poor, poor rifle.:barf::o:(

elmerfudd
September 17, 2007, 03:21 PM
He's sure got a good cheek weld on that thing.

FieroCDSP
September 17, 2007, 05:26 PM
Look in the background on the stool/table and you'll see some copper-coated surplus ammo. Any bets it's corrosive? :evil:

Honestly....You buy a gun. It's your gun, you can do what you want to it, but it doesn't make it right.

Bartkowski
September 17, 2007, 05:29 PM
Whats wrong with corrosive, other than it needs to be cleaned more extensivly?

JonB
September 17, 2007, 05:33 PM
LMAO - that is too funny. Not sure why you would do that....but its definitely interesting.

Cosmoline
September 17, 2007, 05:34 PM
Actually, I don't hate it. It's speaking to me on some level. It doesn't rile me up nearly as much as efforts to Remchesterize surplus rifles. At least this is really something different and interesting, as crazy as it seems. Though it may be illegal.

R.W.Dale
September 17, 2007, 05:35 PM
What a great use for a Dodge truck!

esmith
September 17, 2007, 05:36 PM
Stupid. An insult to the wood and original design of the rifle. Oh well glad its his, not mine.

cracked butt
September 17, 2007, 05:39 PM
I have a romanian m44 with the barrel at the muzzle end completely wrecked by cleaning wear. I could almost see doing something like that to it- however I just don't see myself spending $200 in taxes + jumping through endless hoops to make a $40 junker rifle marginally more shootable.

DMK
September 17, 2007, 05:40 PM
Though it may be illegal.maybe not. Mosin carbines have 20" barrels. This one might be a 16, which would look very short, especially if the camera angle exaggerates it.

That said, this is one fugly firearm that only a mad garage gunsmith could love. In fact, I'm a mad garage gunsmith and I don't even like it. :scrutiny:

elmerfudd
September 17, 2007, 05:58 PM
Just to be fair to the guy, this looks like something that could be cobbled together for next to nothing just for s--ts and giggles. If you had a no shooting POS MN lying around and a few extra AR parts, all you'd have to do is chop the barrel, solder on the muzzle brake, cut the front and rear of the stock off and screw on the AR stock and rails and then paint the whole thing black. You could do it in a couple of hours and it wouldn't really cost you anything since the AR parts could be removed and used later.

R.W.Dale
September 17, 2007, 06:01 PM
Without more info this rifle could be anything from a extra ugly bubba hackjob to an UBER cool integrally suppressed single shot 44magnum.

We should try to find out more before passing judgment.

Warren
September 17, 2007, 06:06 PM
Umm, I kinda like it. If I was doing a movie and I needed to give the bad guy's henchman a super-freaky weapon I might just go with the Mosin-Noir.

SaMx
September 17, 2007, 06:13 PM
Actually, I don't hate it. It's speaking to me on some level. It doesn't rile me up nearly as much as efforts to Remchesterize surplus rifles. At least this is really something different and interesting, as crazy as it seems. Though it may be illegal.
I agree. I hate seeing a nice millitary rifle that was cut up to make it look like a generic hunting rifle. But this is so far generic that it's actually kind of cool. I mean come on, that thing is freaking hilarious! It's an assault weapon mosin! I bet if you showed that to Carolyn McCarthy the mosin nagant would be mentioned in the next AWB :neener:

Warren
September 17, 2007, 06:15 PM
You would need to add "the thing that goes up" to really scare her with it though.

Bartkowski
September 17, 2007, 07:02 PM
We should try to find out more before passing judgment.

Should, but based on the information I have, I still don't like the idea of it or the look of it.

Noxx
September 17, 2007, 07:10 PM
I'm not "offended", but I do kinda gotta say...

uh, why?

Zero Knives
September 17, 2007, 07:18 PM
I love it. I think it's f'ing ugly and past pointless, but DAMN...he made it and probably loves it. More power to the Bubba with a flair for originality...

jpwilly
September 17, 2007, 08:12 PM
M4 or M44 with an identity crisis? Very creative!

Here's my Bubba M44!

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p38/jpwilly/ScoutPaint005.jpg

SDC
September 17, 2007, 08:16 PM
I hope he's wearing sunscreen when he FIRES that thing.

lee n. field
September 17, 2007, 10:00 PM
That's gotta have some muzzle blast to it.

Harry Paget Flashman
September 17, 2007, 10:14 PM
Mine is not near so pretty.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=62528&d=1187478521

Cosmoline
September 17, 2007, 10:18 PM
Flashman, I think that Mosin is starting to bud off new Mosins. You need to plant it in some rich Russian soil and it should have fresh Mosin on it come spring.

Harry Paget Flashman
September 17, 2007, 10:39 PM
Why didn't I think of that?

Nolo
September 17, 2007, 10:53 PM
Interesting, but I don't see the use. I could get it if he'd done it with an SMLE, but a Mosin just doesn't cycle very quickly. Plus it only holds five rounds. In order to be a truly tacticool Mosin, he'd have to give it a magazine extension of 20 rounds and insert a Mosin-compatible Pedersen-type device that would still work with 7.62x54R. I'll start working on that... :evil:
It's cool, but it's a very anachronistic weapon to me. You've basically gotten no extra capability from the weapon (probably less, actually), retained a significant portion of the original weight and gained little. But, then again, it was probably just a neato project. Which it does admirably. Really, guys. There's so many Mosins out there, he probably took one with a sucky stock and a worthwhile receiver and made it far cooler.

Bazooka Joe71
September 17, 2007, 10:58 PM
There's so many Mosins out there, he probably took one with a sucky stock and a worthwhile receiver and made it far cooler.

As long as this is the case, I guess I can let it slide.:p

silverlance
September 17, 2007, 11:07 PM
the pic: awesome! obvious time and effort, and its very cool. definitely one of a kind and id love to go on TV to show how that "asssault weapon" and the original m91 are actually the same rifle.

flashman: good GOD that thing is hideous.. I almost never say that about a gun but i looks like a mosin with serious tumors. still... kinda cool... i hope you have pins to help hold those grips in place though.

nolo: mosins cycle damn quick if you know what you are doing and the gun is in good shape. they only don't cycle quickly when they have sticky bolt, and sticky bolt is not supposed to happen. try a finnish m39 and you will see what i mean.

kev

MassMark
September 17, 2007, 11:26 PM
First of all, that's my pic - I know it is, because I took it.... ;)

Second of all, the "Mosin Tacti-Bubba" was built by an FFL/SOT with a great imagination, sense of humor and an afternoon with too much time on his hands - it was a joke. He mounted a CAR stock, pistol grip, an Aimpoint Comp M2, multi rail, vertical grip, AK muzzle brake and a tactical light. He called it a "Full Auto Bolt Action Mosin Nagant"....It's not a serious tool....

Third of all, it was fun as hell to shoot! It felt like it was sucking the air out of your lungs when you pulled the trigger and it was also pretty damned accurate as well. All I can say is, buckle up and hang on when you squeeze the trigger...It's got heap big boom boom.... :)

So lighten up purists - it was all in good fun. More pics available at NES, where you'll learn who the FFL/SOT is.... Have a nice night....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/MassMark/HPIM1590.jpg

The Deer Hunter
September 17, 2007, 11:28 PM
Ok, I have always said to myself:"I will not, not accept any firearm into my humble abode...". I think this is one exception.

Ok, well maybe not but its sure ugly as all hell!

cwmcgu2
September 17, 2007, 11:35 PM
Hehe man I knew saving a link to this picture would come in handy some day. This must be the guys early concept art :neener:
http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/6536/crapticalmosinoq2.jpg

happybrew
September 18, 2007, 12:23 AM
I detect some sort of Romeo and Juliet story here. It's like the illegitimate love-child of two rifles who can never be together because of forces outside their control. Kind of like the offspring of a dachshund and a St. Bernard. I hope it doesn't breed!

zedheadmc
September 18, 2007, 12:57 AM
I like it, it reminds me a little of the DeLisle carbine.

trickyasafox
September 18, 2007, 01:13 AM
interesting, not for me, but definately interesting.

Appsy
September 18, 2007, 05:35 AM
yea it might be fun as hell to shoot but there is NO WAY i would ever get photographed ANYWHERE near it its like mopeds and fat chicks .... great fun until your mates catch you

MilsurpShooter
September 18, 2007, 09:25 AM
For what it's worth... wonder what kind of fireball you get out of the end of that thing? :what:

ceetee
September 18, 2007, 11:58 AM
I wanna see the video...

Noxx
September 18, 2007, 01:31 PM
For what it's worth... wonder what kind of fireball you get out of the end of that thing

Given the boom factor on a stock M44, I think I'd want to be standing several yards away.

DMK
September 18, 2007, 02:49 PM
Without more info this rifle could be anything from a extra ugly bubba hackjob to an UBER cool integrally suppressed single shot 44magnum.That would make me like it even less. :neener:

He called it a "Full Auto Bolt Action Mosin Nagant"....It's not a serious tool.... It was once. Cost and time invested has nothing to do with it. This younger generation just has no respect for history. Old is just uncool.

MilsurpShooter
September 18, 2007, 03:30 PM
Now don't go lumping us all together DMK

Born in 1985 and my collection includes

2 Mosin Nagants
1887 Springfield Trapdoor
Henry Lever .22
K-31
Yugo M48a
K98
1897 Trench Shotgun on the way
and still on the lookout for decent condition Springfields and Enfields :D

Rockrivr1
September 18, 2007, 04:05 PM
I'm a member of NEShooters, I was at this car shoot and actually fired that rifle. It was one fun gun to shoot. Never judge a book (gun) by it's covers. It belonged to a guy who showed up with a MA Duece 50 Cal that I also got to shoot. Don't bash it until you've tried it.

Go on the forum and check out the other great events of the day. Mosin Nagant volley, S&W 500 volley, M1 Garand Volley, several full auto firearms and lots and lots of shoot anything you got. Not to mention the Mosin and Garand bayonet charge. You can't tell by the pics but there is a Yankee's baseball cap hanging off the truck that got vaporized by the incoming rounds it took.

EdLaver
September 18, 2007, 04:53 PM
Seriously, after looking at this picture, why would you have a pistol grip and foregrip on a BOLT ACTION. Its creative, and as MassMark is saying, its only for fun. But its still quite a laugh :D

EddieCoyle
September 18, 2007, 05:16 PM
I was there and I shot it too. The muzzle blast was breathtaking.

This was not a case of a young person not respecting old rifles. He took what would have ended up as a hideously ugly wall hanger and made it a shooter again.

Dr. Peter Venkman
September 18, 2007, 05:59 PM
"The only way to properly Bubba a war relic is to make a new relic out of old."

That I believe, is doing it in style.

Spiggy
September 18, 2007, 07:36 PM
This younger generation just has no respect for history. Old is just uncool.

Born in 1987
Collection includes
1x 1920's Sears-Roebuck .22
1x Finn M39
1x Schmidt-Rubin 1911
2x Arisaka Type99
1x Russian SKS
1x Savage No.4 Mk1*
1x Enfield No.2 Mk1* revolver
1x Standard Products M1 carbine
1x Trench Shotgun clone
And of course, lets not forget
6x 91/30s, 4 of which were rebuilt back to spec off of barreled receivers

Soon, we will add me an Arisaka Type44 carbine
-pointing out my mosin nagant problem, it's safe to say that I do respect history... Also, I really need to get a life, haha

MrTwigg
September 18, 2007, 09:23 PM
Somma youz guys take things way too serious like. :scrutiny: :p

It was a fun day & yer just jealous. :neener:

Kingson
September 18, 2007, 09:25 PM
I was at that shoot also and got to shoot it. It is a fun gun to shoot, I thought it would have a big recole, but it had none. You feel it in your sinuis after it is fired. It is not what you expect, and man what a fireball you get from it. The gun is wrong on so many levels, but that's what makes it fun.

MassMark
September 18, 2007, 11:26 PM
The gun is wrong on so many levels, but that's what makes it fun.

Amen brother... ;)

madmarc0
September 19, 2007, 01:43 AM
Hi Folks! I'm the guy who built this fine tacticool Mosin!

It was all done in fun, and I was just doing it to make fun of all the junk they make to bolt on to AR-15 type rifles.
It started life as a chopped up Remington Mosin from 1917, the stock had been chopped and the barrel was a sewer pipe.
I chopped it to 8 inches, installed an AK74 style brake (to enhance the flash) and bolted on all sorts of crap!

I thought it was funny.........

I think this is my first post .......and I've been a member since 2003!!!

ArchAngelCD
September 19, 2007, 02:26 AM
I don't think this should turn into a forum war. We should leave the shooting at the range!! LOL (and I just can't stop going to the range)

Spiggy
September 19, 2007, 03:52 AM
Hi Folks! I'm the guy who built this fine tacticool Mosin!
I thought it was funny.........

GET HIM! :p

Let me guess, you got it with the goofy front sight and stock?

If you enjoyed reading about "Check out this Mosin." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!