Mak-90 problem

PDA

Stump Water
September 18, 2007, 05:16 PM
On a Mak-90 Iíve replaced the upper & lower hand guards with polymer versions, installed a 6-position collapsible stock & polymer pistol grip.

The upper hand guard has a picatinny rail with a red-dot sight mounted on it.

Problem: Canít get a cheek weld on the stock and see the red dot.

Question: Where can I get a pad/cheek piece for the T6 stock? (Iíve been told theyíre out there, but I canít find Ďem.)

If you enjoyed reading about "Mak-90 problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MRIman
September 18, 2007, 05:47 PM
I can't help you on the cheek rest,but can tell you that if
your MAK-90 was un-moded,you still need to add 2 more
US made parts to be 922r legal.
My guess is you just forgot to mention that your mag has
a US made follower and floorplate.

MRI

MartinS
September 18, 2007, 07:57 PM
Before you buy anything and add another part try a chin kiss instead of a cheek weld. You'll be shooting heads up, not buried in the sights. Just another way of doing it, takes some practice to get comfortable and grooved in.

MD_Willington
September 18, 2007, 07:58 PM
http://www.tickbitesupply.com/stocks.html

AR15 CHEEKPIECE

Stump Water
September 18, 2007, 09:34 PM
MRIman... would that be the five round mags that came with it when I bought it in June of 1994... or the 30-round mags that I bought at the same time?

MDWill... that gives me an idea. Pipe insulation and liquid nails. Thanks.

Stump Water
September 18, 2007, 09:39 PM
MartinS... yeah, tried that this past weekend. I reckon it takes some practice to keep yer haid from doin' tha funky chicken.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mak-90 problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!