My wife showed me how to insert an AK magazine!

PDA

Cannonball888
September 18, 2007, 10:47 PM
I just got my very first AK yesterday, so I didn't know much about them. When I tried to insert the 30-rd magazine straight in (like that from an AR) I couldn't. My wife who knows nothing about guns was watching and said "I think you do it like this" and proceeded to show me. "Click. it was in. I was amazed and asked her how she knew how to do it. She replied that she knew but didn't know how she knew. Personally, I think it's because she watched soviet movies all her life and saw it done a thousand times. :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "My wife showed me how to insert an AK magazine!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
highfive
September 18, 2007, 10:51 PM
Could be...... We went to the range one time and we had AK's some of us had problems with the mags but some of us did it right away..just like your wife..and we didn't know how we did it..we just did..weird and funny.....especially when that range is in a base in Iraq lol

The Deer Hunter
September 18, 2007, 10:54 PM
....secret agent...

strat81
September 18, 2007, 11:00 PM
Are you married to Lea Thompson or Jennifer Grey? They'd know.

Cannonball888
September 18, 2007, 11:12 PM
Are you married to Lea Thompson or Jennifer Grey? They'd know.
Nope.
Lea Thompson was in Red Dawn, right? Jennifer Grey...dunno.

Joe Demko
September 18, 2007, 11:14 PM
Where's your wife from? Mine learned how to load, fire, strip, and re-assemble the AK in Ukranian middle school. She also learned a fair bit about how to use grenades, gas masks, and other interesting things. When I was in middle school, I don't remember us learning anything remotely as cool.

Cannonball888
September 18, 2007, 11:19 PM
Joe, my wife is Ukrainian too, but she's only 30 years old and didn't have to learn any military skills in grammar school.

VirgilCaine
September 18, 2007, 11:21 PM
Wow, Joe, you're a lucky man. :)

Joe Demko
September 18, 2007, 11:24 PM
Yes I am. Did I mention that she makes some damned good pelmeni, too?

Geronimo45
September 18, 2007, 11:34 PM
my wife is Ukrainian too, but she's only 30 years old and didn't have to learn any military skills in grammar school
Possibly. May've been forgotten long ago... or it could be genetic. :p

Dr. Peter Venkman
September 18, 2007, 11:43 PM
Lea Thompson was in Red Dawn, right? Jennifer Grey...dunno.

She was the other chick in the movie.

W.E.G.
September 18, 2007, 11:48 PM
like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RgH6tHgyvY

not like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6lzCmxbDDk

Bob R
September 18, 2007, 11:57 PM
Lyudmila Pavlichenko reincarnated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Pavlichenko

bob

Officers'Wife
September 19, 2007, 12:17 AM
Hi Cannonball,

Don't feel bad, I had to show my husband proper arrow release.

Selena

silverlance
September 19, 2007, 04:25 AM
I have you all beat.

I pinched my hand really bad (we've got a bleeder!) showing my girlfriend how cool my new saiga was. I had just gotten it back from the FFL and it was my very first AK type.

she watched me cuss and flap my hand wildly for a bit, then proceeded to field strip the rifle. she was nice enough to pretend that she didn't remember anything from bulgarian field school, and that she was just playing with it to get it to work.

10 Ring Tao
September 19, 2007, 04:38 AM
http://www.leglessbird.com/movies/pics/LeFemmeNikita.jpg

boredelmo
September 19, 2007, 10:50 AM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PF_NEW%5C08_24_2005_A/PF_1238469~Mr-Mrs-Smith-Advance-Posters.jpg

Get ready for a sexy battle.

vtoddball
September 19, 2007, 12:00 PM
If I saw a woman field stripping any kind of semi-automatic rifle I'd be hers forever. Do they list that as an attribute in mail order Russian brides? ;)

MudPuppy
September 19, 2007, 12:17 PM
I've got a SUV driving, soccer mom of a wife that'll wrestle me over which guns she gets as "hers" and always up for shooting or a new purchase. Great cook and beautiful too. Yes, I'm braggin'. :)

Don't settle fellas, they're out there!

I know what you mean about the rifle, I get a kick out of mine shooting her pistol better than I can. (But I can outshoot her with mine! That's a good relationship, I guess.)

Joe Demko
September 19, 2007, 12:42 PM
I can't tell you much about Russian brides. My wife, like a lot of Ukranians, doesn't have much love for "moskali." She doesn't get angry because she realizes that most Americans can't tell the difference, but she isn't pleased when people assume she's Russian. I expect this is as a result of that whole USSR thing...

Cannonball888
September 19, 2007, 12:57 PM
Joe, I'm sure your wife like mine has run into a lot of americans who have never heard of Ukraine. Even the ones who have most know very little about it. I have corrected people many times when they say "Your wife is from The Ukraine?" I often reply "She's from Ukraine, not The Ukraine. The Ukraine was a republic of the Soviet Union and Ukraine is a country, the largest country entirely within Europe." That fact stuns them.

woodybrighton
September 19, 2007, 01:21 PM
ukraine very sexy women but then they get fed on soup :)
ukrainan spetnaz hard as nails just pretty lousy shots

hksw
September 19, 2007, 01:44 PM
She replied that she knew but didn't know how she knew.

Her maiden name isn't Bourne-nov, is it?

Gewehr98
September 19, 2007, 01:57 PM
As a former Marine, she's good with the AR-15/M16.

So I'm training her on this style:

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/combatcamera4671/?action=view&current=TacticalMagazineChange.flv

benEzra
September 19, 2007, 04:46 PM
Joe, I'm sure your wife like mine has run into a lot of americans who have never heard of Ukraine. Even the ones who have most know very little about it. I have corrected people many times when they say "Your wife is from The Ukraine?" I often reply "She's from Ukraine, not The Ukraine. The Ukraine was a republic of the Soviet Union and Ukraine is a country, the largest country entirely within Europe." That fact stuns them.
My wife is fascinated by the history of both Russia and Ukraine, as am I.

She once shared an old Russian proverb with me, something like that "Moscow is Russia's heart, St. Petersburg its head, but Kyiv [Ukraine] is its mother."

SSN Vet
September 19, 2007, 05:52 PM
is not exclusively a gender specific trait.

My wife is 1/2 Ukrainian....
(her mother was born on a German work farm during the war to a young Ukranian girl and came to the U.S. as a refugee and was adopted)

I don't know if mechanical aptitude runs hight in the Ukranian people....but man, they sure love to stick their hands in the dirt!

Must be all that collective farming.

yesit'sloaded
September 19, 2007, 06:34 PM
My girlfriend is 1/2 Israeli. Sometimes she scares me how much she knows. That and she seems cold as ice about killing someone if they broke in. You know it's a good sign when your girlfriend has more stripper clips than you. The only thing is that she HATES cosmoline to the extent of throwing away anything needed to clean a gun of it.

RustyHammer
September 19, 2007, 06:40 PM
"My wife showed me how to insert an AK magazine! "

Is that "code" for something? ;)

Agouti
September 21, 2007, 01:27 AM
Warning, avoid Robert Frost poems at all costs. Especially the "Road not Taken".

If you enjoyed reading about "My wife showed me how to insert an AK magazine!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!