Thompson M1911?

PDA

historynut
September 19, 2007, 05:50 PM
Gun shop down the street has a Thompson M1911. Handles OK, what little I've handled it. I know Thompson has been around for a while, but I believe they are now owned by Khar, right? Anyone had any experience with Thompson M1911s...dependable, overall quality? It's a nice looking OD green, presumably mil spec weapon and the price isn't bad. It would be for the range and for exploring/camping/canoeing/jeeping, etc. I've been told they're "decent" and I've been told to "stay away"... wanted to get some thoughts from the fine people here. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Thompson M1911?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dogngun
September 20, 2007, 09:01 AM
I asked the same question at the Auto Ordnance section of another forum. I was told by several AO owners that they would buy a Rock Island/Armscor.
I bought an Armscor yesterday.

Mark

If you enjoyed reading about "Thompson M1911?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!