taurus tracker replacement grips?

PDA

gunhappy
September 19, 2007, 10:44 PM
does anyone make em? I know the ribbers are supposed to be great, but I personally can't look at em.

If you enjoyed reading about "taurus tracker replacement grips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Master Blaster
September 20, 2007, 08:50 AM
Hogue makes a rubber grip for them. I have one on my 445 tracker.
NILS also makes a wood grip its like $150 and a 3 month wait.
Thats all I was able to find in my search. The hogue rubber grip is like $23 IIRC and its much better than the ribber.

Citroen
September 20, 2007, 09:55 AM
For my 455 the only replacement grips I could find came directly from Taurus; they are pictured on their website and the price was not too bad. I wanted them to get away from the fuzzy factory grips and to provide better concealability and they did both.

They are hard rubber, however, and after 100 rounds or so your hand may feel the difference but they do make the gun more compact.

If someone knows that Hogue also offers grips can you tell us model number or something that will ensure the correct item is delivered?

Thanks.

John
Charlotte, NC

dawei
September 20, 2007, 12:42 PM
http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merchant.ihtml?id=517&step=2

Citroen
September 20, 2007, 02:15 PM
Although the website does not list the Model 455, I did call Cindy at 1-800-438-4747 who told me that the Model 73000 does fit that also. Ordered today - total with shipping $30.20.

Thank you.

John
Charlotte, NC

bluetopper
September 20, 2007, 10:54 PM
I have one Hogue Tracker grip on a 455 and I like it so well I ordered another for my 455 snubbie Tracker. Ebay and Gunbroker has vendors who sell it cheaper.

I'm tempted to send one of these Hogue grips to Dennis and have him make me one like it of wood.

http://www.marschalgrips.com

SouthpawShootr
September 20, 2007, 11:17 PM
I read on a gun board that Hogue once tried to make wood grips for the Tracker series but gave up in frustration b/c there was too much variability frame to frame. Evidently consistency is much more important for wood than rubber. Wood grips are certainly possible but probably need to be custom fitted gun to gun. FWIW, my 455 grip frame looks like a 5 year old went after it with a dremel tool and sanding drum. The Hogue rubber grips fit great. Seem to be a bit more compact than the factory "Gripper" models. I guess they call them Gripper b/c they stick like velcro to everything they come into contact with.

44and45
September 21, 2007, 12:30 AM
Here are the Hogue #73,000 grips that fit my Taurus Tracker .45 Colt.

Cost me $16.95 at Dallas Tactical Supplies, do a web search and get in touch with them.

The ribbers grips are in my desk drawer.

Jim

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/44and45/P9030004Trackerrearshot.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "taurus tracker replacement grips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!