Sporterized K98

PDA

SigfanUSAF
September 19, 2007, 11:51 PM
Thought I'd share this with my fellow THR members, this is by far the MOST expensive sporterized K98 you'll ever see........
:what:
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=80436632

Great thread going about it on the GK43 forum........
:p

If you enjoyed reading about "Sporterized K98" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cwmcgu2
September 20, 2007, 12:42 AM
That's a great way to transfer a large sum of money for something you don't want someone to know you are buying.

Regolith
September 20, 2007, 12:45 AM
Either someone is a complete idiot and doesn't know what he's buying, or...

its a cover for an illicit sale of some other goods.

Harry Paget Flashman
September 20, 2007, 12:54 AM
The buyer has an "A+(35)" rating. If he made a typo that's going to be expensive to maintian that rating. If it was me I'd offer the seller $279 gratis and settle for a "B" rating after backing out. If that didn't work I'd have myself declared "non compos mentis" until it all blew over.

SigfanUSAF
September 20, 2007, 12:56 AM
swjXE is the last code change Steyr made before the war ended. Only a few hundred are believed to be stamped this way, with only a few examples ever turning up in the US. This is the rarest of all K98 stampings.

Regolith
September 20, 2007, 01:01 AM
Well, that would explain the high price. Maybe the buyer knew what he was dealing with after all.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sporterized K98" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!