Stuck case in DPMS 308

PDA

drwindmill
September 20, 2007, 07:50 PM
After shooting a round of my reloads and against my better judgement I reached for a box of Barnaul ammo that I had laying around and after the second shot the extractor came back empty..Now what? I already pushing a cleaning rod through to no avail..

If you enjoyed reading about "Stuck case in DPMS 308" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
taliv
September 20, 2007, 08:03 PM
describe 'no avail'. are you saying you can't push hard enough to remove it? or are you saying the bottom of the case has a hole in it so your rod goes all the way through?

FieroCDSP
September 20, 2007, 08:09 PM
Wooden dowel slightly smaller than your bore (hardwood, if availiable) and a hard rubber mallet. pound that sucker out. If the dowel goes completely through then, you've got issues you can't fix.

yesit'sloaded
September 20, 2007, 08:16 PM
They make a case extractor tool for the m14 which is .308. Maybe you can find a surplus one for dirt cheap.

drwindmill
September 20, 2007, 08:37 PM
describe 'no avail'. are you saying you can't push hard enough to remove it? or are you saying the bottom of the case has a hole in it so your rod goes all the way through?

I smashed my carbon rod pounding on it, that sucker is really in there. The extractor tore part of the case head off.

Wes Janson
September 20, 2007, 11:51 PM
I could be wrong here, but I'm thinking you really want to be using a METAL rod (aluminum, steel), NOT a carbon fiber rod. Or much better yet, use a wooden dowel rod.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stuck case in DPMS 308" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!