Armed Avocado Poachers?

PDA

George Hill
July 9, 2003, 07:13 PM
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/food/2321458/detail.html

Gads

If you enjoyed reading about "Armed Avocado Poachers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Doug444
July 9, 2003, 07:18 PM
Holy Guacamole!:what:

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Doug444

sm
July 9, 2003, 07:35 PM
Not even the Avocado groves are Safe?

Ok, so we see again , one never knows the where or when of next encounter.

Elmer Snerd
July 9, 2003, 08:03 PM
It's so obvious.
Avocados cause crime and should be banned.
For the children.

AJ Dual
July 9, 2003, 08:41 PM
Holy Guacamole!

That's just the pits.

bigshark14
July 9, 2003, 08:59 PM
I think they are called "pen-huckers" they are usually an outfit with several migrant workers rolling around in an old U-Hall truck

They usually buy windfalls or other crops from growers but if there is a huge spike in a crop's price, they will resort to taking your crop

Several years ago, the tomato crop in parts of Georgia was selling at something ridiculous like $28.00 a box (up from a usual $7.00 I think) and there were armed guards in and around most of the fields

If fired upon, I would think an AR-type rifle would provide the appropriate response, but that's just me ;)

Leatherneck
July 10, 2003, 09:34 AM
a deputy district attorney who specializes in prosecuting agricultural crime.
Busy, busy girl, I bet. :D

TC
TFL Survivor

El Tejon
July 10, 2003, 09:59 AM
What a bunch of rubes!:D

Look out! It's the VEGGIE PROSECUTOR!:rolleyes:

RustyHammer
July 10, 2003, 10:25 AM
Avacodo rustlers ..... where is John Wayne when you need him!

"We'll have Guacamole for supper tonight, young'n, God will'n and da creek don't rise!" :uhoh:

Rusty

sm
July 10, 2003, 10:29 AM
Just curious...is a potato gun easy to convert...:neener:

4v50 Gary
July 10, 2003, 12:30 PM
I believe theft of agricultural products that entails removal from the plants (as opposed from the back of someone's truck or the supermarket) is a felony. It required a lot nuturing and reflects a season of work for the farmer, so it was looked harshly upon. Gotta check up on the penal code.

If you enjoyed reading about "Armed Avocado Poachers?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!