f.dumoulin double

PDA

guns mi thing
September 25, 2007, 02:25 AM
I have a f. dumoulin double 12 ga.
can anyone tell me history & value
MARKINGS ARE,F DUMOULIN 8c , interchangable,choke board
pine damascus,pine damascus belgium,17.0 dvo,1778

If you enjoyed reading about "f.dumoulin double" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnBT
September 25, 2007, 09:22 AM
This is from a Google cache. The link to the original page doesn't work. An old post on shotgunworld.com gave a value of $100 to $300. John

Subject: Re: Old double Barrel Shotgun
Date: 05/19/06 12:49 AM

Nord has given you most of the information. There were several different versions of the name Interchangeable such as just Interchangeable made by the Auguste Francotte & Co., (The) Interchangeable, Belgium Twist, Star of David Brand,T. Dumoulin made by the T. Dumoulin Co., (The) Interchangeable Warrented Gov'T Neumann Bros Choke Bored made by Neumann Frerres, Interchangeable Marvel made by Neumann Frerres, The Interchangeable Model of 1901 made by Simonis, Janssen & Dumoulin and finally Interchangeable Fine Damascus made by F. Dumoulin & Co. imported by Thomas Leary 1902 to 1904. I'll bet if you look again you will find this marking on your gun. You have to give all the markings in their entirety for correct identification. All these makers were located in Belgium around Leige. Just what was interchangeable about these guns was, I don't know.
On 05/19/06 09:10 AM, Old Iron Mike wrote:
>
> A friend of mine just brought into my office a
> double barrel exposed hammer 12 ga. Shotgun.On
> the top of the barrel it says twist Belgium.the
> makers name on the side is F. DUMOULIN & Co.The
> other side is marked The Interchangable..It's a
> brown gun,well used.Checkered stock and
> forearm.Big brass star inlayed on the cap area
> of the pistol grip.Any info would be
> appreciated.Thanks Guys, Old Iron Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "f.dumoulin double" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!