HXP brass?

PDA

BsChoy
September 27, 2007, 01:04 PM
Does anyone here reload the Greek return brass from CMP? I prepped a few last night and the quality seems really good and the primer crimps are easily removed.

If you enjoyed reading about "HXP brass?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BsChoy
September 28, 2007, 10:35 AM
im the only one!?!

NuJudge
September 28, 2007, 06:54 PM
I have a lot of the brass. I've processed a lot of it, but not reloaded any of it. It sized beautifully, and the crimps came out well for me also.

On its initial firing, the brass gave sticky extraction in 1903 Springfield chambers. Extraction was fine in Garands. For all that, it had no problem with bending rims. I wonder whether it will be sticky as to extraction on the second firing.

CDD

strat81
September 28, 2007, 07:08 PM
After running the numbers, it's cheaper for me to buy more HXP from the CMP than to reload it. (or darn close... not enough to justify the add'l reloading costs.) However, the guys at the CMP forum like the HXP brass.

If you enjoyed reading about "HXP brass?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!